Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#421184 05/25/08 04:37 PM
BellaOnline Editor
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
OK we've had the WiiFit for four days now and I've been using it daily!! It has a bunch of cool yoga routines in it. So you stand on the balance board and it does "tree pose". Your instructor does it in front of you and you do it along with her (or him). The balance board shows you in real time how your center of balance is doing, with a wiggly red dog! Well it's supposed to be steady but on mine it's wiggly. So that way over time you can see how your progress is, because it records all your scores. It's quite neat!

I'm doing up a walkthrough so I'll list what all the different yoga poses it has are. I haven't unlocked "downward facing dog" yet ...

Lisa Shea, Low Carb and Video Games Editor
Low Carb Forum
Sponsored Post Advertisement
Gecko
Gecko
Lisa, I've been reading about the WiiFit for a few days and was considering buying a Wii for the purpose of bumping up my exercise routine. The only thing (besides budget of course) that's holding me back is that I am worried about the amount of space that you need to use it. Can you tell us how much room is optimal to use the Wii to full advantage?

msbaby #421203 05/25/08 06:00 PM
BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
that's an excellent question!! If you read my other yoga threads you'll see that I have MINIMAL room in my living room, barely enough room to lay down a yoga mat (and that requires moving the coffee table). The wii balance board itself is about the size of a large laptop. Most of the activities are just you standing on it and leaning around.

There are SOME activities that require you to have your hands on the Wii balance board and your feet straight out behind you - so the Plank pose for example has you on your forearms on the balance board, your feet behind you and you hold that position (like holding a push-up sort of). So that is the largest space you would ever need. And if you don't have that space, it's not like you "have" to do that position. You can just do the other things.

Low Carb Forum
BellaOnline Editor
BellaOnline Editor
Man I have GOT to get this thing. smile

I want to see the wiggly dog.

Jilly #421513 05/26/08 09:58 PM
BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
OH!!! That was a typo! smile

It's a wiggly red DOT!!!

So they have the "trainer" on the screen, and then superimposed over that is a circle and then a DOT representing where you are standing. As you wobble the dot moves around too. Then when you're done it does a recap of all of your movement. So you can see clearly if you lean to the left, or right, or all over the place.

Low Carb Forum
L
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
L
Does it take longer to do the routine due to all the feedback you are getting? or is the feedback immediate and simultaneous?

Lisa Pinkus

Moms Site
BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
The feedback is live. So say you do a 5 minute Tree Pose routine. You are watching the instructor as she is doing it in front of you and telling you what to do - and once you "get into position" you see her standing there. You also see a wiggling red dot which actively shows your center of balance. So the entire time you are doing the activity you are getting feedback on how well balanced you are. Then when it's over you get a "speed summary" where the red dot zooms all over the place showing you how steady (or unsteady) you were, and you get a "score". That then gets ranked into a top 10 score with you and anyone else who's using the system.

Low Carb Forum
K
k2y Offline
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
K
I LOVE my Wii and frequently host mini Wii tournaments, which are always plenty of fun. The sports pack has proven to be a bit of a workout on its own, especially the boxing game.

I've been debating whether or not to invest in the Wii Fit and now that it is available and getting rave reviews, I think I may just take the plunge and try it out for myself.

Lisa, I'm curious about the yoga aspect of it. I've always wanted to try yoga but have never gotten around to actually doing so. Do you think that the yoga on the Wii Fit is good for beginners?

k2y #422578 05/31/08 12:22 AM
BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Yes definitely, it starts with just standing still in mountain pose. So all you do at the beginning is stand still and breathe slowly smile

Low Carb Forum
Gecko
Gecko
The Wii fit sounds like the perfect exercise tool for apartment dwellers that only have a small area to devote to their fitness program. I know that I'm sold on the idea, but will probably have to put it on my Christmas list and get my exercise outdoors right now. I have been dying for (and shopping for) a treadmill, but the lack of space kept me from buying one. I couldn't see jamming up the main traffic areas of the house when I like to walk outdoors with the kids anyway. But the Wii might be perfect for Mii!

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:37 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:33 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:45 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:43 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.