Next Thread
Print Thread
#420940 05/23/08 08:51 PM
BellaOnline Editor
Chimpanzee
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Chimpanzee
Last night my daughter "graduated" from elementary school, and last week my youngest "graduated" Pre-K.

That means my baby will be starting Kindergarten in the Fall, my only girl staring middle school, and my oldest son will be a Junior in high school.

They just keep growing up!!!

We went for pediatrician's visits, and they checked heights. THe 5 yr old grew 2 inches this year, the 10 yr old - 3 inches!!! (The doc said she really thinks she has a chance of hitting 6 ft tall - I've either got a basketball player or a model in my future). Also, my daughter can now wear my shoes, and they fit. We share shoes (unless she tried to wear my spikes, I draw the line at that).

I'm feeling old...

Michelle Taylor
Marriage Editor
Sponsored Post Advertisement
M
Gecko
Gecko
M
Michelle -- don't blink!

My "baby" (my only child) is 16, at least 5'10" (he was in March when he had his checkup, but could be taller now), and will be going to college f/t in the fall. How did my sweet little baby become so much taller than me (yeah, I know -- I fed him!) and so grown up (some of the time...) so quickly. It's really amazing, since I'm sure I'm not 16 years older.

One thing I'm sure of, though -- my baby won't be wearing spiked heels any time soon!

Ms A #420965 05/24/08 12:58 AM
BellaOnline Editor
Chimpanzee
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Chimpanzee
laugh

Michelle Taylor
Marriage Editor
J
J
It just slaps you in the face some days doesn't it? We get so busy just doing what we do and all of the sudden . . . My baby just turned 16 and got his license. Scary. Now my house is so quiet many evenings and hubby and I are having to redefine ourselves somewhat. I almost cried when the oldest turned 18 and have already told them to just give me a bucket and box of tissue when this last one does!

And mine is 6'4" Groceries don't even seem to make it in the door b4 they're gone :-0

BellaOnline Editor
Chimpanzee
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Chimpanzee
Now thst summer is here my husband is having a fit, BC we are going through a gallon of milk a day!

And I don't know who eat more; the 16 yr old boy or the 1o yr old girl - because she does competitive cheerleading.

Michelle Taylor
Marriage Editor
C
Parakeet
Parakeet
C
BTDT!
I had 5 very active athletic teenagers and they went through amazing amounts of food. But when you realize how many calories they are burning up it makes sense. And they could be drinking something a lot worse than gallons of milk!
I used to mix up powdered milk and cut the regular milk with that to save some $$ but still satisfy their need for lots of the stuff.

C
C
My baby is 3, my oldest is 18. The three boys all argue over who is the manliest-body hair and largest feet? I have the last two starting school and even my special needs starting 'school' as she will know it. I am beyond feeling old, I feel ancient! They stopped charting my 10yo son's growth years ago, it was already off the charting portion of the page and they had started drawing in dots at the edge of the paper!

Orthodox homeschooling mom to 7, one with Rett Syndrome
BellaOnline Editor
Chimpanzee
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Chimpanzee
Originally Posted By: Claybird
BTDT!
I used to mix up powdered milk and cut the regular milk with that to save some $$ but still satisfy their need for lots of the stuff.

Claybird,

I just wanted to thank you fo this tip!

We haven't been mixing half and half, but my kids really love chocolate milk - so I've been mixing up the powdered milk with the chocolate and they don't even notice the difference! It has really been a money saver!

Michelle Taylor
Marriage Editor
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
I blinked, and my baby is 36yrs old

Rosie L

Moderated by  Lisa - Moms, Traci - Moms 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/13/24 08:03 AM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:23 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:03 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/10/24 08:39 PM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/06/24 02:11 PM
Curiosity and Learning
by Angie - 04/06/24 09:56 AM
Easy to Sew Pillowcases
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/03/24 04:38 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/31/24 01:10 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.