Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
BellaOnline Editor
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
BellaOnline Editor
My longer review:

I am very happy with my yoga brick. The price was right at under 9 dollars...and I have to admit I liked the deep purple color, as it matches my most-used yoga mat and my strap. Truthfully, having matching yoga props isn't highly important, but it still brings me happiness to associate that certain deep purple color with my yoga practice. And with that extra little pleasure I enjoy and DO my practice more often. Doing yoga is what counts. smile

My brick arrived in a clear plastic sleeve that I removed prior to using.

I picked a yoga DVD that I hoped would use a brick. Not only was I pleased to use this lightweight, silky foam brick as a "brick" - but I also used the brick in place of a bolster and pillow as needed. It's soft enough around the edges to be useful in place of those other props.

The brick has several dimensions, from a short height, mid height and tall height. It can be used in two directions as well - the short or long dimensions. I appreciate that there are so many ways to use one tool.

Being so light in weight, the brick is a bit wobbly in the high position poses (on it's tallest axis), but I found I can get past this by loosening my hips (like Elvis) and going with the wobble. I prefer the lightness of this than a wooden brick that would be harder on my body parts and heavier to maneuver.

Overall, I recommend this yoga prop for anyone thinking of buying a brick/block to deepen their practice. It's multi-use, has soft edges that do not dig into the body, and has a silky hand feel.

Sponsored Post Advertisement
Jilly #427800 06/17/08 10:03 PM
BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
That's a great review! I definitely agree that I like the foam brick much better than I would like wood in that same position. I like the slight "give" that the brick allows.

I also agree completely that it's not exactly secure in the tall setup, but it's nice that you can do it that way.

It's so odd that I thought of the brick as a "silly purchase" at first - but really after a few months of yoga it's only $10 or so and it is quite handy sometimes.

Lisa Shea, Low Carb and Video Games Editor
Low Carb Forum
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:37 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:33 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:45 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:43 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.