logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Zebra
OP Offline
Zebra
This week's article is about sharing what you are good at with the rest of us.

Sharing your Gifts with the World

So, what is your gift? Do you make a living at it or just do it for love?

Sponsored Post Advertisement
Zebra
OP Offline
Zebra
I'll go first, and I know it's hard to talk about talents/gifts, but it shouldn't be. We need to practice. Here's a great place to practice.

So, creativity is one of my gifts. In business, I am able to use creativity and synchronicity to come up with solutions to all sorts of problems pretty quickly. And, that, I do make a living at.

I also fancy that writing is one of my gifts. This one I learned by experience and developing the skill more than sensing an "innate" ability. I make some of my living at writing, too.

Teaching is probably my biggest gift. Although I've only been an actual school teacher for a few years, I have been a "teacher" for most of my life. I am always teaching informally. And, this year, I added "training"--teaching grownups--to my repertoire. I really enjoy doing it and I feel a lot of joy when doing it. I am starting to make money from training.

There, I did it. Now, it's your turn!

J
Amoeba
Amoeba
J
Deb,

Powerful stuff.

My talent is writing and I've always been told that. I've ignored it for more than a few years, so here I am.

Great article!

Jeff Valentine, Veterans Editor
Veterans Website
Veterans Forum
Zebra
OP Offline
Zebra
Thanks, Jeff! And, thank you for sharing!

You do have a talent for writing and we are happy to help you share and further develop it here at BellaOnline.

Isn't it cool?

Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
I love to write, sew, draw. I share my writing with the world at Bella. I create lovely little antique-looking fabric pictures with beaded design and give them as gifts. I make cloth dolls for gifts and for selling. I draw for my grandson, the latest is a drawing of Jesus, which he loved so much he asked for it to be hung above his bed. I love to sew quilts, clothes, doll clothes. I love to embroider and crochet. All of these things I share by gifting or putting up in my home for coziness and uniqueness. I am very creative and love to share those talents!

Walk in Peace and Harmony.
Phyllis Doyle Burns
Avatar: Fair Helena by Rackham, Public Domain
BellaOnline Editor
Chimpanzee
BellaOnline Editor
Chimpanzee
Music is definitely one of my gifts, and shamefully the one I've been neglecting the most.

Teaching also - I have always had a knack for explaining stuff, especially to kids, so that they get it.

The most joyous time in my life was when I was directing the children's choir at my church. It was totally volunteer, and a lot of work - but I loved it, especially when the production finally went on.

I actually wrote one of the musicals that we did (well, I wrote the script and borrowed songs from other musicals) - and that was the most amazing thing I have ever accomplished.

The best part of it was when one song I tailored to feature a little boy who had severe cerebral palsy. He couldn't speak, but he could do basic sign language - so I spent a month learning the signs to the word of one song, and he got to do a "solo" on one of the verses. He was so proud!

Michelle Taylor
Marriage Editor
Zebra
OP Offline
Zebra
Phyllis, I so admire people who can do needle arts and create drawings/paintings. I do paint abstract color things, but can't draw a stick figure. But, I'd love to see some of your stuff. My grandmother made quilts and I love quilts. And, embroidery is just beautiful. You should take some photos & post them so we can see!

Way to go on posting your talents, too!

Zebra
OP Offline
Zebra
Michelle, that's an awesome story about the little boy signing a solo. And writing a whole musical? Wow!

That's certainly a huge undertaking, but that's what I'm talking about--doing the work and putting it out there!

I find we often do neglect our best talents. Women especially put everyone else first and never get around to us. So, I hope you'll find or make some time for your music.

Didn't you say you had a MySpace page? Maybe you could share it with us that way!

BellaOnline Editor
BellaOnline Editor
Deb, what a wonderful article, and you are so right. I am easing back into creative work like painting (am getting up to it). I am also gifted in decorating and home staging, I write and take pictures and can teach people outdoor skills and leave no trace wilderness ethics. I am a decent manager. Other skills are growing plants and gardening. And I guess I will call yoga a skill after I move on from beginner level. smile

Last edited by Jilly; 05/22/08 03:26 PM.
Zebra
OP Offline
Zebra
Way to go, Jilly! You have great gifts! And, you know what they are--that's the biggest part of the battle!

BellaOnline Editor
Chimpanzee
BellaOnline Editor
Chimpanzee
Well, I didn't put my while musical up on MySpace, but I did put up one of the songs I wrote in my blog if any of you want to check it out.

It's The Whining Song

ANd just in case you can't go straight there, my page is http://www.myspace.com/launchelle

Michelle Taylor
Marriage Editor
Zebra
OP Offline
Zebra
Great song, Michelle. Thanks for sharing. Do you sing it in church?

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  CarlaCano-Walking Editor 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Review of Boost Your Online Brand: Make Creative A
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/25/24 07:04 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/25/24 09:21 AM
Mother's Day Gift Ideas to Sew
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/24/24 06:08 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:37 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:33 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:43 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.