Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
BellaOnline Editor
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
BellaOnline Editor
OOO! I love this. Is the motor quiet? There are a lot of really loud motors on some fountains. That's the main reason I have not ordered any fountains in the past.

Sponsored Post Advertisement
BellaOnline Editor
Stone Age Human
BellaOnline Editor
Stone Age Human
The fountain is just lovely; I like the idea of the spinning ball on top.

BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Jill - pump technology has come a LONG way in recent years. One of my first fountains had a loud motor and it bugged me. The new ones are whisper silent. And also, it's just an aquarium pump attached to a hose. You can literally go to a fish store and buy yourself a new (better) pump for a fountain that you adore. That way you keep the pretty fountain and have the silence you want too.

Lisa Shea, Low Carb and Video Games Editor
Low Carb Forum
BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Yes I love the spinning ball smile

Many, many years ago with Bob we were somewhere at an art gallery type of store and they had large, expensive fountains made out of marble and river rock and they had one with a large marble ball on top, spinning. It must have been 2' across and it was undoubtedly HUGELY heavy but it spun quite easily on the water. I was fascinated by it, but I imagine the price was in the thousands of dollars.

Then when we were down in the Bahamas visiting the Atlantis hotel (which I love love love but could never afford to stay at) they had four fountains just like that, and I sat and watched them for a really long time. I was just fascinated by them.

Shoot the only photo I have of it is sideways. You'll have to tilt your head -

I adored Atlantis from the first commercials I saw for it, and then I saw a travel channel special on it. It is featured in several movies - notably After the Sunset with Pierce Brosnan.

The hotel has all sorts of cool very-large aquarium tanks (as in a super long one that divers swim through with gigantic manta rays) and fish-filled lakes.

Last edited by Lisa Low Carb Ed; 05/21/08 03:43 AM.

Lisa Shea, Low Carb and Video Games Editor
Low Carb Forum
BellaOnline Editor
Stone Age Human
BellaOnline Editor
Stone Age Human
Water is so soothing for meditation, anyway. I love sitting at the ocean edge and meditating.

Here is one of my articles about Anneke and Hans meditating at the ocean shore of the North Sea in Holland:

BellaOnline ALERT: Raw URLs are not allowed in these forums for security reasons. Please use UBB code. If you don't know how to do UBB code just post here for help - we will help out!

BellaOnline Editor
BellaOnline Editor
WOW, lisa, those pictures are amazing! That 'black pearl' fountain is stunning. i can see where you'd be sitting quietly watching it. smile

Thanks for the advice on the fountain motors. It kinda destroys the effect if the motor is louder than the sound of the water. LOL.

let me peruse Amazon...I bet a nice soothing fountain would really help with meditation.

Dan and I are talking about getting a house with a dedicated yoga/meditation room with a Buddha to watch over us. AND what's cool is the HE brought this up. Totally on his own. I am so pleased. smile

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Susan Helene Kramer 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Review of Boost Your Online Brand: Make Creative A
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/25/24 07:04 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/25/24 09:21 AM
Mother's Day Gift Ideas to Sew
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/24/24 06:08 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:37 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:33 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:43 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.