Page 1 of 2 1 2
#420199 05/21/08 08:54 AM
Trish-D Offline OP
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
This was brought up in another thread and I thought it was interesting enough to have its own thread. Have you ever taken your devotion so as far as getting a tattoo or piercing in the name of a deity or your path? Was it a powerful experience for you?

Last edited by TrishPaganEd; 05/21/08 09:27 AM.

Trish Deneen
PatriciaJoy.com
Sponsored Post Advertisement
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
Yes! to both questions. I got a small pentagram tattooed over my heart abut 20 years ago. At the time I was a pediatric R.N. living in an area where Wicca = Satanic in people's minds. Wearing my silver pentagram was usually not an option, so I put a permanent one where only people that I wanted to see it, could see it.

I love my tattoo and always have. To me it was like a dedication to the Goddess.

L
Shark
Shark
L
I am trying to figure out how to incorporate Melusine (the double tailed mermaid) into my tatts....maybe lower back. I also made a vow to one that is usually represented by a bracelet or anklet and I am considering getting it tattooed instead of having to wear the jewelry all the time.

Se non potete resistere al calore, allora esca dalla MIA cucina.
LadyLvsNyt
F
froggie0424
Unregistered
froggie0424
Unregistered
F
I'm planning a spiritual tattoo. I still haven't ironed out all of the details, but I'll let you know how it goes!

Elephant
Elephant
I have my name in flame script hebrew on my forearm. I plan on getting a magen david somewhere in addition to a phoenix on my back which signifies my new faith and life ceoming out of the ashes of my former self. It is more mystic and spiritual verses just for Judaism.

J. Ruel - Gay Lesbian News Editor

Check out the latest article on the Gay Lesbian SITE or Join us in the FORUM

Questions? Comments? Story Ideas? SUBMIT THEM HERE

Former Editor of the HIV/AIDS, HAIR, HISPANIC CULTURE, and GAY LESBIAN RELATIONSHIPS sites here on BellaOnline!
Trish-D Offline OP
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
These all sound beautiful folks. Thank you for sharing them.

I'm still mulling over the design for my first tattoo. A lion is coming through strongly as he has been a protective totem throughout my life. I'm not sure if I want to add a magical symbol or not. I will do some different sketches and see.

I know a lot of people get spur of the moment tattoos but it seems that now there are more people who really think them out.

Trish Deneen
PatriciaJoy.com
BellaOnline Editor
Chimpanzee
BellaOnline Editor
Chimpanzee

I've posted this elsewhere. It has nothing to do with my faith as a Christian, but everything to do with hope.

It is about my struggle with depression, rising from it, and the lantern is specifically symbolizing hope. I have a willowtree angel entitled "hope", and that's what she carries, a lantern. A single beam of light in the darkness - hope in Pandora's box of nightmares.

Trish - what magical symbol calls to you the most?

Michelle Taylor
Marriage Editor
Trish-D Offline OP
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
Michelle,

That is a beautiful tat and you made it so perfectly personal. I had clinical depression for so many years and still suffer at times. I completely understand the feeling of rising from the ashes of your former self when you begin to come out of it.

You know, I had to stop and think about your question regarding what symbol calls to me most. Different ones do at different times. It's part of the struggle of being eclectic. But as I go further down the path of Druidry, the Awen (a Welsh word meaning inspiration) symbol is pushing its way into my consciousness. It is very simple with some variations depending on the tradition. Here it is:

Trish Deneen
PatriciaJoy.com
E
Koala
Koala
E
I like that Trish. I think that could make a very effective and elegant tattoo.

Elle Carter Neal
BellaOnline Alumna
Chipmunk
Chipmunk
I have a bear paw with a star on the inside of my left ankle that I had done in 06.

In my Native American path the black bear is one of my major totems, at Pow Wows, people who do not know my given name, pow wow name, or spiritual name would call me the bear lady, as I carry an antique bears head into the circle while dancing.

As I cannot always carry a stuffed bears head with me all the time, I had it tattooed on me. All my tats are in places that I would have to dress a particular way for you to see them so they all stay personal to me.

On my other ankle there is a dragonfly which is my primary totem. People don't expect me to have tattoos, never mind how many I do have.

Last edited by Wendy Tall One; 05/23/08 03:35 PM.

per aspera ad astra: Through rough ways to the stars...

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Ninjahedgewych 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/17/24 03:33 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/16/24 09:30 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/16/24 07:04 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:23 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:03 PM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.