Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#419031 05/16/08 08:48 PM
P
pmcgall Offline OP
OP Offline
P
Hi, I will be starting a new job in the prison. Does anyone have any suggestions to offer? Thanks....Peggy

Sponsored Post Advertisement
L
Parakeet
Parakeet
L
On another forum, I read about a nurse who decided the prison was a good place to pick up a date. She decided on a man convicted of armed robbery and took him home as a new Father for her children.

SO I guess I'm saying, don't consider your new working environment a good place to pick up a date unless its another member of the staff.

grin

C
C
Peggy,
I have a few friends that are prison nurses and love it. I don't think it is for everyone but i is always interesting.
I know that prisons pay very well because they have a difficult time gettig nurses.
What are your reasons for going to the prison?
Colleen

Amoeba
Amoeba
I worked at a women's prison and our main security central prison for men. Didn't like women's simply because of the 'campus' style security. The psych ward was different because it was a differently set up environment. Central prison was ok too. The difference is that the wardens are in charge of everything. They call (and run) the shots as opposed to medical staff. So there is some...safety per se in that, but also some frustration. Remember to keep your cool, be kind, and keep your personal space - including facial expressions.

Carissa Vaughn Mental Health Editor
C
C
Carissa,
Very good advice! I think as a nurse working in a prison, you must have an interest in psychology. You also have to respect that the medical issues with an inmate may not be the most important thing at that particular time.
If a prisoner is bleeding, there are a few questions that should be asked before reacting. The first is how did it happen, many prisoners will cut themselves to get out of their cell. Second, did anything provoke the situation? What is the danger in the area?
Prison nurse's have to realize that their safety is number one. Please don't get got in a situation hat could cause arm to you!
Colleen

C
C
Please excuse my typing. I just bought a new keyboard and it keeps dropping letters. It is awful. I was not proof reading as well as I should have been because usually my tping is much better. I will go out this weekend and get a new one.
Thanks for the understanding,
Colleen

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
MyHeritage & OldNews
by Angie - 03/16/24 09:15 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/16/24 08:27 AM
Denmark's Oscar Entry "The Promised Land"
by Angela - Drama Movies - 03/15/24 08:51 PM
Stunning jewelry by Devon Leigh
by sarae - 03/15/24 12:58 PM
From Candlemas to March Equinox
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/14/24 07:35 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/14/24 07:12 PM
A Lenten Reflection
by Angie - 03/13/24 09:24 PM
Stitching by Hand
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/13/24 04:21 PM
Lucy Lawless Directs New Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 03/12/24 05:47 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 03/10/24 03:09 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.