#418801 05/15/08 08:34 PM
Trish-D Offline OP
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
Hello everyone,

Michelle Taylor just posted a wonderful article over at the Spirituality Site. She interviewed the religion editors here at Bella to get a picture of how we all experience our spirituality. I thought you might find it interesting.

Spirituality Across the Religions

Trish Deneen
PatriciaJoy.com
Sponsored Post Advertisement
BellaOnline Editor
Chimpanzee
BellaOnline Editor
Chimpanzee
I must give credit where it is due; it was an easy article to write, becasue all of you were so forthcoming and bare with your feelings on the matter.

Each person made at least one statement that jumped out at me and made me stop and think really hard.

Lisa (Judaism): "When one is able to maintain the discipline of following the commandments, one experiences a level of freedom that cannot be anticipated"

Trish (Pagan): "Neopagan Druids revere nature, deities, nature spirits, and ancestors as all part of that creative force and therefore allies in our communion with the divine."

Amelia (Wiccan): "I am not just a single person. I am a person, living and caring for my part of the earth."

Jeanette (Buddhism): "Instead of answering to a Higher Power, we answer to ourselves and our own karma. In Buddhism, you are responsible to reach your own enlightenment. No one can do it for you..."

Gaye (Atheism): "Every human being needs a magnificent obsession as the vehicle to achieve full potential, and every individual has the capacity to achieve full potential." (I hate to play favorites, but this one could go down as one of the great quotes of all times)

Michelle Taylor
Marriage Editor
E
Koala
Koala
E
I agree on Gaye's quote. Excellent article all of you! laugh

Elle Carter Neal
BellaOnline Alumna
L
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
L
I liked Gaye's quote too. "magnificent obsession" is fantastic!

Lisa Pinkus

Moms Site
BellaOnline Editor
Chimpanzee
BellaOnline Editor
Chimpanzee
Yeah, that's the part that jumped out at me, too! laugh

Michelle Taylor
Marriage Editor
Trish-D Offline OP
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
Thank you Michelle for posting this. I love the magnificent obsession quote too.

This is only slight OT, but I vaguely recall a movie with Rock Hudson by the same name that I think was based on a novel. It was an incredibly inspiring story about a man realizing his true potential.

Last edited by TrishPaganEd; 05/16/08 09:22 AM.

Trish Deneen
PatriciaJoy.com
BellaOnline Editor
Chimpanzee
BellaOnline Editor
Chimpanzee
You know, the more I think about it, there is a very personal reason that Gaye's statement resonated so much with me...

My oldest son has Asperger's Syndrome, and one of the components that he displays the most is the obsessive/compulsive part.

So thast statement really injected me with a feeling of hope and joy, thast his obsessions can be "magnificent" and actually be the thing that leads him to be great in his life insteaed of a disability.

(Need I mention that I have become horribly addicted to the television show "Monk" in the past few months?) grin

Michelle Taylor
Marriage Editor
Trish-D Offline OP
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
Michelle,

It's wonderful that you have such a great attitude. Your son will be better for it.

I have a relative who has been diagnosed with Asperger's and someone close to me who is considering the possibility of this diagnosis. The obsessive/compulsive aspect can be something that outsiders can be incredibly unkind about. If the person feels accepted by those they love, I think their lives can be so much more fulfilling.

Trish Deneen
PatriciaJoy.com

Moderated by  Ninjahedgewych 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.