Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
S
Gecko
OP Offline
Gecko
S
Has a dream, a vision or an unusual/personal experience inspired your art?

Sponsored Post Advertisement
C
Parakeet
Parakeet
C
I do watercolors, and once when on a sailing trip I was painting a seascape when a sudden downpour made us stop everything and take in the sails. Before I could rescue my painting it had been well sprinkled with the driving rain. When it dried I was delighted with the effect that the hard drops of water had produced. I started experimenting with that and ended up with a series of abstract paintings that were very successful. I still enjoy playing with the technique that developed from that rainfall.

S
Gecko
OP Offline
Gecko
S
That's a really cool story, Claybird. So the storm actually inspired future abstract painting - wish I could see that. Sounds lovely. smile

S
Gecko
OP Offline
Gecko
S
While I was recovering from open-heart-surgery I had a vision of an angel lifting me up in the air while I was dancing. I longed to dance on a stage as a "thing I hadn't done yet in life" so I painted on canvas a dancer being lifted up by an angel. See it at this website...

BellaOnline ALERT: Raw URLs are not allowed in these forums for security reasons. Please use UBB code. If you don't know how to do UBB code just post here for help - we will help out!

Last edited by DebCreativeEditor; 05/21/08 08:44 AM.
J
BellaOnline Editor
Jellyfish
BellaOnline Editor
Jellyfish
J
I'm a mosaic collage artist I work on glass. I've recently started painting and drawing these beautiful flowing ladies. This was a result of a dream that I had one night, the next day I got up and starting drawing, now they are growing and will be on greeting cards and posters!
www.jordanmercedes.com

Jordan Mercedes
Business Owners
Repurpose WorkBusiness Owners Editor Bella Online
Forum Moderator
S
Gecko
OP Offline
Gecko
S
Jordan - I love your art! Thank you so much for sharing your web site with us at Bella. Your Mosaic Collages are beautifully crafted and look like they take an incredible amount of planning for each piece. Being a painter, I have to admit, I am very drawn to "Come to the Dance of Life" and "The Greatest is Love" paintings. Both are very moving, soulful works. Again, great works and I'm so glad you shared your art with us! smile

P.S. Congratulations for getting your art on greeting cards and posters!!! That's an incredible accomplishment. You must be so excited and very proud. As an artist, getting exposure in the public eye is what it's all about. Way to go.

Last edited by DebCreativeEditor; 05/26/08 11:12 AM.
J
BellaOnline Editor
Jellyfish
BellaOnline Editor
Jellyfish
J
Deb! Thanks for checking out the site. I love art as I'm sure you understand that. I really do like the paintings so much. I've been doing it more than the glass work at this time as you may know creativity comes in seasons it seems like.
Blessings and Joy!
Jordan

Jordan Mercedes
Business Owners
Repurpose WorkBusiness Owners Editor Bella Online
Forum Moderator
S
Gecko
OP Offline
Gecko
S
I just wrote an article on "Creating While You Sleep"

BellaOnline ALERT: Raw URLs are not allowed in these forums for security reasons. Please use UBB code. If you don't know how to do UBB code just post here for help - we will help out!

Zebra
Zebra
My "art" is writing and yes!, I've had an unusual experience that birthed my book Back in Time Tarot which will be coming out from Hampton Roads Publishing next month.

Rather than tell you, I'll just paste what I wrote in the Introduction of my book:

Quote:
Ideas for my articles and writings often come during unexpected moments, most often during times of relaxation. In the spring of 2007, I spontaneously took a bubble bath in the middle of the day. While bright sunlight filtered through the bathroom window, I �zoned out,� enjoying the warm water and my view of the budding branches that swayed in the breeze. Out of the blue, I �heard� the phrase �back in time� in my head. Then, in what I can only describe as a cosmic download from the Universe, I received a flood of information on how to create a method for experiencing the Tarot �backward.�

I'm a firm believer in allowing relaxation, dreams and life itself to inspire creativity!

S
Gecko
OP Offline
Gecko
S
Janet -
Just from reading the introduction to your book, I'm sparked to want to read your book! Your writing is unique, eloquent and draws the reader in (and that's only the introduction). Please let the Creativity Site know when your book is available because I for one could definitely curl up with this one. Congratulations on your success and thank you for sharing your story with us.

Last edited by DebCreativeEditor; 09/18/08 12:06 PM.
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Jana - Creativity Editor 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/17/24 03:33 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/16/24 09:30 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/16/24 07:04 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:23 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:03 PM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.