Page 1 of 2 1 2
#419350 05/18/08 09:54 AM
M
Marji Offline OP
Amoeba
OP Offline
Amoeba
M
Although most of us spend a large amount of time using the mouse, it is often ignored when looking at ergonomics. Check out the latest article at the Ergonomic Site at BellaOnline for a few mousing tips and suggestions for alternative platforms that can help with mouse positioning. Awkward positioning can increase muscle strain and cause pain and fatigue. So, don't forget about the mouse when working at the computer!

Ergonomic Mouse Platforms & Mousing Tips

Marji-Ergonomics Editor
Ergonomics
Sponsored Post Advertisement
D
D
I saw this new mouse not long ago that is not like the usual shaped mouse but more upright. I want to get one so bad but they are really expensive. Anyone tried this? I wish I could remember the name .... I'll have to google it. I have carpal tunnel and probably needing surgery soon :o(

I think I know which mouse you are talking about. I haven't tried it, but I've wondered myself if it is comfortable. If/when you get a hold of it, please report back so we all know. I would think it would take some getting used to.... I'm going to try to find the blog post I first saw it.

Ergonomic Heated Computer Gadgets
ValueRays.com
I found the blog post with picutres of the new ergonomic shaped upright computer mouse. I don't know if this is the one you are referring to, but it's the only post I had with the picture that comes to mind when I read your post. Hope it helps. I've not used it. But it does look like it would take some getting used to. Have you ever tried a heated mouse for your carpal tunnel pain? The infrared heat is soothing and helps relieve pain and discomfort.

http://www.heatedmouse.info/2009/02/choosing-ergonomic-mouse-that-is-right.html#links

ValueRays.com
B
B
That's the first I've seen that mouse in the post, might have to track it down... There are a few different vertical mice on the market though. I give them an enthusiastic thumbs up. I personally use the Evoluent Vertical Mouse. I used to suffer from chronic pain in my mousing arm and wrist. I noticed an immediate difference the day I switched mice. Not to sound too much like an infomercial, but it really was incredible how quickly switching mice fixed my pain.

: )

I'm addicted to the heated mouse! I suffered for over 14 years with a cold mouse hand, and then discovered the infrared heat mouse. Within 2 weeks my hand pain was completely gone. I have arthritis in my hands -- not real bad, but just enough to make it annoyingly uncomfortable.

I haven't tried the vertical style mouse though, so I shouldn't knock it until I try it. It looks so weird. Does it take some getting used to?

ValueRays.com
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
I had never heard of the heated mouse - until this evening. I've alway wonered why my mouse hand is always cold. It doesn't feel like I'm interfereing with circulation fut I think that must be it. I'm going to look for a heated mouse.

B
B
JimsWife, The transition to a vertical mouse is pretty easy, it's still the same basic motion but your forearm is rotated. It really only took me a few swipes across the mouse pad to get a feel for how it moves. It feels a bit like handling the gear shift of a car.

Originally Posted By: Lynne Chapman
I had never heard of the heated mouse - until this evening. I've alway wonered why my mouse hand is always cold. It doesn't feel like I'm interfereing with circulation fut I think that must be it. I'm going to look for a heated mouse.

There are heated mice, mouse pads, blankets.... all sorts of things to help relieve cold hands while using the computer. Infrared heat is a deep penetrating healing heat. Read more the Learning Center at IGMproducts.com. Check us out. Thanks for the post.

ValueRays.com
Originally Posted By: BodyCorrectLiving
JimsWife,

The transition to a vertical mouse is pretty easy, it's still the same basic motion but your forearm is rotated. It really only took me a few swipes across the mouse pad to get a feel for how it moves. It feels a bit like handling the gear shift of a car.

I'm going to get one just to try it. I'll take a test drive the next time I'm at Office Depot or Comp USA..... are they still around? hmmmmmm....

ValueRays.com
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/17/24 03:33 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/16/24 09:30 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/16/24 07:04 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:23 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:03 PM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.