Print Thread
#416998 05/10/08 06:51 PM
L
Shark
OP Offline
Shark
L
first some background...
my husband and I have lived in this tiny little house for 5 years now and we rent it. Neither of us have ever played the guitar and neither of us have even seen the other one with a guitar or a guitar pick of any kind in the 11 years we have been together. We have not had guests in this house for atleast 6 months (too tiny we entertain out) and we have not brought any new pieces of furniture or anything like that in the house for years. In the 5 years we have lived in this house I have vacuumed the carpet atleast every other day.

ok.....so yesterday my cat Medea was playing in front of the tv rolling around in a plate of catnip (it is a trip watching her get all goofy!) while my husband was playing a video game and I was reading on the couch. Suddenly my eye spies something on the carpet where the cat was just rolling around and it looks like a bright yellow guitar pick! And it is!

A bright yellow--schoolbus color--Fender guitar pick and not a new one it is used! Looks like it might even be vintage from what I saw on the internet when I Googled it, the signature is slightly different from the brand new ones! Right in the middle of the floor! Where on earth did it come from? It is bright yellow--I would have seen it before if it had been there while! I am puzzled as to who, what and why?

A vintage yellow guitar pick means nothing to me----yet. Any ideas?

Se non potete resistere al calore, allora esca dalla MIA cucina.
LadyLvsNyt
Sponsored Post Advertisement
LadyLvsNyt #418611 05/15/08 02:00 AM
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
I have two similar things happen. I have come to accept them as gifts. The first was in my first apartment. I had been living there for several months. My spatula went missing from the kitchen drawer and the next morning there was a cotton gin weight sitting in the floor of my closet in the middle of my shoes. I never found the spatula, but I still have the cotton gin weight.

Several years ago I walked into the garage and there was a sepia photograph lying at the bottom of the steps. I picked it up and turned it over, immediately recognizing my Great Aunt's handwriting. It said, "My Grandmother ..." I immediately called my Father and he swore that picture was in a shoe box at his home in another state. He checked and it was no longer there.

You might want to check around to see if anything is missing. This may have been a swap. but I would suggest keeping it, as you're suppose to have it for some reason. Just don't fret over it.

Jane Winkler, Editor
Native American Site
NativeAmericanForum
Avatar: Feather Dance Bustle - Men's Regalia
BellaOnline Editor
Amoeba
BellaOnline Editor
Amoeba
My goodness. How very cool. I just think these are the most awesome stories. Thank you for sharing them!

Deena Budd
Paranormal
BellaOnline Editor
Elephant
BellaOnline Editor
Elephant
Hi there smile

What's a cotton gin weight? I've had things go missing and reappear. I've often wondered if it wasnt' just me...lol being spacey. Not in every house I've lived in but one in particular. I've had our cats dig up stuff from who knows where too. So, it's hard to distinguish sometimes. We had an antique army man (toy) left in the kitchen and a piece of newspaper or ad - something, from the early 1900's. That was kind of spooky.

Sometimes, if there's other things going on in the house it all ties together later on. I'd just hold on to whatever you find. I just believe there's a reason for everything.

Elleise
Clairvoyance Editor

Karen Elleise
Clairvoyance Editor
Clairvoyance Site
BellaOnline Editor
Amoeba
BellaOnline Editor
Amoeba
Eleise, what was the newspaper ad from the early 1900's? Did you ever find out a reason for that one?

Deena Budd
Paranormal
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
Well I didn't know what a cotton gin weight was either. It was dusty and had cobwebs on it. I cleaned it off and set it on my Great grandmother's trunk. A few weeks later a friend who grew up on a farm stopped by and asked "Where did you get that old cotton gin weight?" I don't know anything about cotton gins, but they apparently had weights. This particular one is 8 pounds. I've had it for over 24 years now.

I've had things go missing or get moved in every house I have ever lived in, since moving from my childhood home. And there is absolutely no explanation as to how my vegetable peeler ended up in the box with my daughter's pow-wow outfit.
smirk It seems every house I've lived in has had spirits. I don't know if they follow me around, or I somehow instinctively pick the house. But I keep 2 of everything in my kitchen now.

Being in a structure that has no history, like a new mobile home, is very uncomfortable for me. I can actually feel that void and it's unnerving.

So whenever I "find" something I treat it as a present and say Thank you. Over the past 12 years this has mainly happened in the garage. We refer to it as the black hole. It seems to suck things in and spit other things out.

Organization, or lack thereof, does not have an affect on this either. But I've actually come to look forward to it and don't fret over it anymore. Whatever it is, of wherever it came from, apparently I'm supposed to have it.

Last edited by lcp012586; 05/18/08 12:44 AM.

Jane Winkler, Editor
Native American Site
NativeAmericanForum
Avatar: Feather Dance Bustle - Men's Regalia

Moderated by  Deena - Paranormal Editor 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/17/24 03:33 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/16/24 09:30 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/16/24 07:04 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:23 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:03 PM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.