Money
News & Politics
Relationships
Religion & Spirituality
Sports
Travel & Culture
TV & Movies
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Newest Members
Salume Kh, Badnezzahmi, vincischool, christylynn81, minas
57218 Registered Users
Forum Stats
57218 Members
417 Forums
113032 Topics
801299 Posts

Max Online: 537 @ 07/02/12 11:21 AM
Top Posters (30 Days)
Rosie 66 892
Ro Longstreet-Wicca 472
Beetlemess 325
Nancy Roussy 146
Val FictionWrit/RomanceBk 115
Connie - ADD/Sandwiches 91
Lisa LowCarb / VideoGames 72
Sandra Investing/HFinance 50
Susan - Meditation Editor 43
Mona - Astronomy 40
Ad Income Supports Charity
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#417801 - 05/13/08 12:23 AM How Often do you Mow?
Lisa LowCarb / VideoGames Online   content
BellaOnline Editor
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity

I think Bob mowed once all last year. We had a meadow.

I'm going to do things this year, I imagine ... if you want something done right ...

So my aim is every other week. How often do most people mow?

Add How Often do you Mow? to Twitter Add How Often do you Mow? to Facebook Add How Often do you Mow? to MySpace Add How Often do you Mow? to Del.icio.us Digg How Often do you Mow? Add How Often do you Mow? to Yahoo My Web Add How Often do you Mow? to Google Bookmarks Add How Often do you Mow? to Stumbleupon Add How Often do you Mow? to Reddit
#418305 - 05/14/08 12:38 PM Re: How Often do you Mow? [Re: Lisa LowCarb / VideoGames]
Helen Doll Making Editor Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet

Loc: Missouri, USA
I usually do the mowing and I aim for every week. Right now the weather is not cooperating at all! We've had soooo many days of rain that even on mostly sunny days it's still too wet to mow.

I love to mow, we are on 3 acres and have a riding mower so the job is like meditation for me, with a real sense of accomplishment when the job is done and the yard looks nice.

Add Re: How Often do you Mow? to Twitter Add Re: How Often do you Mow? to Facebook Add Re: How Often do you Mow? to MySpace Add Re: How Often do you Mow? to Del.icio.us Digg Re: How Often do you Mow? Add Re: How Often do you Mow? to Yahoo My Web Add Re: How Often do you Mow? to Google Bookmarks Add Re: How Often do you Mow? to Stumbleupon Add Re: How Often do you Mow? to Reddit
#418309 - 05/14/08 01:16 PM Re: How Often do you Mow? [Re: Helen Doll Making Editor]
Raynefalls Offline
Amoeba

Loc: Alabama
We mow every other week. Usually my husband likes to wait untill the grass is taking over, but we just bought a huge lawnmower and he likes to mow now.

Add Re: How Often do you Mow? to Twitter Add Re: How Often do you Mow? to Facebook Add Re: How Often do you Mow? to MySpace Add Re: How Often do you Mow? to Del.icio.us Digg Re: How Often do you Mow? Add Re: How Often do you Mow? to Yahoo My Web Add Re: How Often do you Mow? to Google Bookmarks Add Re: How Often do you Mow? to Stumbleupon Add Re: How Often do you Mow? to Reddit
#418310 - 05/14/08 01:18 PM Re: How Often do you Mow? [Re: Helen Doll Making Editor]
dmichelle Offline
Shark

Loc: Pittsburgh
Grass should be kept at 3 inches (per Scott's lawn service) so when it's above, it needs mowing.

#418311 - 05/14/08 01:21 PM Re: How Often do you Mow? [Re: dmichelle]
Rosie 66 Offline

I don't have a lawn, to mow ;o(

#418314 - 05/14/08 01:37 PM Re: How Often do you Mow? [Re: dmichelle]
Raynefalls Offline
Amoeba

Loc: Alabama
Originally Posted By: dmichelle
Grass should be kept at 3 inches (per Scott's lawn service) so when it's above, it needs mowing.

Keeping it at 3 inches is fine if you live on a city lot....we're 8 miles out in the country and live on 3 acres, so I don't really think it matters how tall our grass is.

#564114 - 11/13/09 02:40 AM Re: How Often do you Mow? [Re: Raynefalls]
Jilly Offline
BellaOnline Editor

Loc: Verde Valley, AZ
I am with Rosie - we lucky people out west usually don't have lawns. smile

#593219 - 03/30/10 01:54 AM Re: How Often do you Mow? [Re: Lisa LowCarb / VideoGames]
PJK56 Offline
Jellyfish

Loc: Texas, USA
I like a lawn nicely cut,trimmed, and edged. Here in the Houston area my husband and I mow every 7 days in the summer. No more than 10 days at the most if something comes up.

#598453 - 05/04/10 04:18 PM Re: How Often do you Mow? [Re: PJK56]
Sarina Offline
Amoeba

It depends on the weather, the zone you are living and season. In spring we mow in every two weeks. From July on wards in every six weeks. Luckily we don't need to mow in winter as we don't have a lot of rain during winter.

Gardening

#768422 - 06/16/12 07:12 PM Re: How Often do you Mow? [Re: Lisa LowCarb / VideoGames]
Dianne W - Editor Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf

Loc: Virginia
Here in Northern VA where I am, I have to mow at least once a week. This summer is particularly important. The grass grows so fast! With the very, very mild winter - we have more bugs outside then normal - spiders, ants and earwigs. We have to keep the grass short so we can put down the outside bug killer. It's going to be a LONG summer. :-)

The secret to a perfect interview? Know your story and practice it!

How do I relax? I run!
Grandma to Half Marathon

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  designingwithflowers 

Want to reply? Register as a Forum Member - it's quick, free and fun!
Brand New Posts
What exercise did you do today?
by Terri - Exercise/Yoga Editor
Exercise
14 minutes 26 seconds ago
How much a Wedding Ring is Important for Couple
by puumando
Beauty Basics
50 minutes 6 seconds ago
7 Chaos Taming Strategies for ADD
by Connie - ADD/Sandwiches
Attention Deficit Disorder
Today at 09:51 PM
Soup du jour
Sandwiches
Today at 09:50 PM
Fall Family Fun with Sandwiches
Sandwiches
Today at 09:48 PM
Mini Ice Cream Cakes Recipe
by Michelle -Chocolate
Chocolate
Today at 09:12 PM
Buddha's Daughters - Book Review
by Lisa - Buddhism
Buddhism
Today at 07:54 PM
Wedding Ring Bedspread
by Melissa - Crochet Editor
Crochet
Today at 07:29 PM
bernat mosaic girls lace pinafore
by Melissa - Crochet Editor
Crochet
Today at 06:49 PM
I Lost Almost Everything
by Nancy Roussy
Stress Management
Today at 06:11 PM
Register to Post!
Want to post? For security reasons you need to Register as a Forum Member. It's quick, easy and free!
Forum Activities
Book Clubs
Trivia Contests
Who's Online
2 registered (Terri - Exercise/Yoga Editor, Lisa LowCarb / VideoGames), 76 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Ad Income Supports Charity

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2014 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.