logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#381212 02/25/08 08:50 PM
Shark
OP Offline
Shark
Anyone have a favorite frosting they like to use? I've added an article on frostings that includes several goodies but I'm looking for more. I want to add a great mocha frosting when I test a few more. Click Frostings for frosting recipes including your basic bakery frosting to buttercream frosting and flavored frostings such as pineapple and strawberry as well as others. If anyone has any others they'd like to share I'd love to share them with my readers smile

Sponsored Post Advertisement
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
My favorite that I have made since I was a teenager is Cocoa Butter Frosting. Put about 2 cups of pwd sugar in a large bowl, add about 2 tbsp of cocoa and thoroughly blend then add a little butter at a time and mix till you have the frosting at the consistency you prefer. This has a really good flavor and when mixed quite thick, can be rolled into balls and rolled in pwd sugar for a quick treat at a party.

Walk in Peace and Harmony.
Phyllis Doyle Burns
Avatar: Fair Helena by Rackham, Public Domain
R
Gecko
Gecko
R
I love your frosting recipes! I made the Chocolate Cream Cheese Frosting today but I left out the cocoa because I didn't want a chocolate frosting but I did want a cream cheese frosting. The frosting turned out perfectly and went well with the strawberry cake.

Thanks!

BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
My favorite frosting is mocha! My recipe is very simple but yummy. It is a butter cream but not as soft and greasy as canned or bakery frosting, which is why I like it better. Anyway here it is:

1 stick of real butter
1 box (1 lb.) powdered sugar
about 6 Tbsps cocoa (it might be more, I don't really measure when I make it)
about 4 to 6 Tbsps double strength coffee, enough to make it the consistency you like.

I beat the butter first till it's soft and creamy, then I alternate all the other ingredients until I like the taste and consistency.

If you use unsalted butter, add a little salt, too.

I hope you like it.

B
Koala
Koala
B
speaking of frosting did anyone read what the new flavor is of Ben and Jerry's ice cream to celebrate 30 years?

Yellow Cake Batter Ice Cream with a Chocolate Frosting Swirl

NGREDIENTS: Cream, Water, Liquid Sugar, Sugar, Skim Milk, Wheat Flour, Egg Yolks, Coconut Oil, Soybean Oil, Butter, Cocoa (Processed With Alkali), Chocolate Liquor, Natural Flavor, Salt, Guar Gum, Soya Lecithin, Turmeric (For Color), Carageenan

BellaOnline ALERT: Raw URLs are not allowed in these forums for security reasons. Please use UBB code. If you don't know how to do UBB code just post here for help - we will help out!

Bonnie Sayers - Autism Editor

AUTISM site
BellaOnline Editor
Chimpanzee
BellaOnline Editor
Chimpanzee
That blueberry frosting sounds wonderful - thinking about it on a lemon cake - yummmmm!

My favorite (even though I am a chocoholic) is the 7 minute frosting used with coconut cakes. But I use it with lots of other cakes, too - because it is lighter and reminds me of marshmallow.

1 1/2 cups sugar
1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
1/8 teaspoon salt
1/3 cup water
2 egg whites
1 1/2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract

Place sugar, cream of tartar, salt, water, and egg whites in the top of a double boiler. Beat with a handheld electric mixer for 1 minute. Place pan over boiling water, being sure that boiling water does not touch the bottom of the top pan. (If this happens, it could cause your frosting to become grainy). Beat constantly on high speed with electric mixer for 7 minutes. Beat in vanilla.

Michelle Taylor
Marriage Editor
Shark
OP Offline
Shark
Wow! You guys have shared some great recipes!! Thanks... I always enjoy hearing of other recipes I haven't tried yet and these sound delicious! I'm glad some of you have enjoyed the recipes I've shared..and Bonnie that ice cream sounds yummy! I may have to get to the store and try to find it soon now lol ... They had a contest to make suggestions for new ice cream flavors last year. I'd made a suggestion for a peach ice cream with caramel drizzles throughout LOL sounded good to me ha ha .. but I know there are tons of ice cream lovers out there and so many great ideas!
Have any of you ever tried Muddy Buddies? It's a recipe I found on the box of chex cereal mix a long time ago. Phyllis's recipe above reminded me of muddy buddies. I used to make it and the kids just loved it. Of course I had to peel them from the walls after they ate all that sugar but it was really good. Here is the url to that recipe on the Chex site if you want to see it.
http://www.chex.com/Recipes/RecipeView.aspx?RecipeId=19919&CategoryId=342
warning lol it can get addictive smile Hope you all had a great weekend!

Moderated by  Ally-Home/Hols/USA Cook 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.