Print Thread
#415389 05/06/08 08:54 AM
Trish-D Offline OP
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
Is divination a part of your Pagan practice? Do you have a favorite system? Do you use divination tools to tell the future or learn more about yourself and path (or both)?

Trish Deneen
PatriciaJoy.com
Sponsored Post Advertisement
Trish-D #415574 05/06/08 06:31 PM
F
froggie0424
Unregistered
froggie0424
Unregistered
F
I use tarot the most, though usually only when I have an important question about life. I use it for guidance in more difficult times...

I am also learning the Witches' runes. This 13-rune system seems a bit more simplistic to me than tarot, but I will use them to clarify tarot messages. Or just use them for questions that don't have so many facets...

I have a pendulum, but I haven't really tried it too much...

#415897 05/07/08 03:41 PM
BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
I like the tarot. I use the pendie too... but find that my results aren't as consistent.

Deanna Joseph

Visit the New Age Site and Forums

What are your Soul Gifts? Discover your true nature and potential, and learn who you are on a Soul Level with a Soul Realignmentâ„¢ reading.

I've read Tarot for many years, but I don't read for myself. I tend to see what I want to see, rather than what's there. Instead, I use it to provide empowerment and reassurance for others. I've tried to scrye in a concave mirror, and can achieve a trance state, but it hasn't been an effective divination tool for me. I've also tried runes and the iChing, but they do not speak to me either. I guess I'm a one-trick diviner. wink

As for how I use them... People think they want to know the future, but in reality most of them just need to be reminded of their own strengths and their own ability to make sound decisions. In my experience, the messages in the Tarot are more about the person for whom the reading is performed, and not really about any future event. Since I can't read for myself, I use meditation for introspection. smile

Anda

Anda #416368 05/08/08 07:40 PM
Trish-D Offline OP
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
It seems that I do much better with systems like runes or ogham where the imagery is very simple. I like the Tarot for learning spiritual concepts, but if the images are too complex I lose focus whereas a single symbol like the rune seems to get to the heart of the matter for me.

Trish Deneen
PatriciaJoy.com
Trish-D #416382 05/08/08 08:18 PM
L
Shark
Shark
L
this tarot reading site has been uncanny in reading my cards the last couple of moths and usually I don't use the free reading sites:

BellaOnline ALERT: Raw URLs are not allowed in these forums for security reasons. Please use UBB code. If you don't know how to do UBB code just post here for help - we will help out!

Se non potete resistere al calore, allora esca dalla MIA cucina.
LadyLvsNyt
LadyLvsNyt #416389 05/08/08 08:35 PM
L
Amoeba
Amoeba
L
I'm a big fan of my pendulum...or I was. I started getting too strong of a response, and it was kind of...scary? Anyone else had that problem before? lol

Lisa Beth Voldeck
Houseplants
Trish-D #416957 05/10/08 04:27 PM
Trish-D Offline OP
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
Lisa,

Sometimes I get that feeling with scrying. I intellectually tell myself these things work and then when they really do, I get that "Oh yeah! They really do:)"

Do you feel it was a negative energy responding or did it just surprise you when the pendulum got really active?

BTW, welcome to the forum. I'm not sure if I've seen you around here. smile

Trish Deneen
PatriciaJoy.com

Moderated by  Ninjahedgewych 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Mother's Day Gift Ideas to Sew
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/24/24 06:08 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:37 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:33 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:45 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:43 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.