Next Thread
Print Thread
#403475 04/06/08 06:03 PM
S
Gecko
OP Offline
Gecko
S
I prefer to paint in acrylics because they work as well as oils, but dry much quicker and with easier clean up. I spray my paintings with a protective coating to give them a nice sheen and they usually take on a more oil-like look then. What is your preference, acrylic or oil paint?

Sponsored Post Advertisement
Elephant
Elephant
I like both. Depends on what I'd like to do (paint) that I choose the paint type.

J. Ruel - Gay Lesbian News Editor

Check out the latest article on the Gay Lesbian SITE or Join us in the FORUM

Questions? Comments? Story Ideas? SUBMIT THEM HERE

Former Editor of the HIV/AIDS, HAIR, HISPANIC CULTURE, and GAY LESBIAN RELATIONSHIPS sites here on BellaOnline!
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
I agree, Jase. I like acrylics if I want a more watercolor effect and for crafts. For a serious canvas, I prefer oils.

E
Koala
Koala
E
I really love acrylics. They're so versatile, but I also have a fondness for gouache and watercolour. I don't have the patience for oils.

Elle Carter Neal
BellaOnline Alumna
Shark
Shark
I love the wonders of mixed media. I am a watercolorist at heart, but I have started adding acrylics and inks into my painting. I also love to mix paint and pencils.

S
Gecko
OP Offline
Gecko
S
I'm definitely a mixed media enthusiast. I often use beads, jewelry and feathers in my paintings along with my acrylics to really add new life and pop to my paintings. Some kinds of paintings just need those little extras added to them. I just let the painting speak to me after it's done and if it say's "adorn me with more" I break out the feathers, beads and recycled jewelry. The only draw back to mixed media is after some years, your glued on objects get dusty on your paintings and you have to get 'creative' in figuring out how to dust them off. But I think it's a small sacrifice to make for the incredible unique results you get with mixed media projects.

BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
Hi Deb,

How about a make-up brush, like a big blush brush? It would be soft enough to get into the crevices without knocking the items off the canvas.:)

S
Gecko
OP Offline
Gecko
S
Helen -
Thanks for that great suggestion. I hadn't even thought of that. That would really be great for dusting the beads and jewelry and if I'm careful, even my feathers. I'm going to try that idea! smile

A
A
Hi,

I would always go for oil paintings it gives me original feeling when i am trying to draw my own photos to canvas. Oil colors are very much useful than another colors scheme. I had tried it with a lot of different ways but at last i got satisfaction from only & only oil colors.

Thanks

Adam

Last edited by BellaOnline; 07/15/08 06:02 PM.
Zebra
Zebra
Acrylics for me.

Moderated by  Jana - Creativity Editor 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/17/24 03:33 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/16/24 09:30 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/16/24 07:04 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:23 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:03 PM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.