logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#231457 02/09/06 12:52 PM
E
OP Offline
E
I have read how keeping an updated Home Inventory can not only help justify your claim in the face of a disaster, but it can greatly simplify and shorten the claims process.

There are many free software packages available, like the one from www.iii.org. But there are also FREE online Home Inventory services like www.createyourinventory.com. The advantage here is that your inventory is securely stored ONLINE, instead of on your PC, which will most likely be lost in a flood, fire or other catastrophe.

Sponsored Post Advertisement
#231458 02/09/06 02:59 PM
W
W
Good idea, just keep in mind that the software is only as a good as the user. Unless you make it a habit to update each time you add to the inventory, you are likely to put it off until you have forgotten stuff, or there is a disaster...

#231459 09/07/06 10:31 AM
Chipmunk
Chipmunk
Do a home inventory!! Pre Katrina, I took pics of every room, every closet, outdoor furniture, mechanical stuff, eg, hot tub pump/heater/filter, shed stuff, tools, kayaks, canoe, bikes. I did it only because a friend of mine had started a business doing it for other folks and I thought it a good idea. When I finished taking the pics, I burned a CD and stuck it in the house insurance folder. After our house was completely done in by trees and flood, it was a relatively simple matter to fill out the home inventory form.
A year later, in another house, I have done it again.

Jan Goldfield

Don't be put off!
If you are just setting up a household, starting an inventory list can be relatively simple. If you�ve been living in the same house for many years, however, the task of creating a list can be daunting. Still, it�s better to have an incomplete inventory than nothing at all. Start with recent purchases and then try to remember what you can about older possessions.

Big ticket items
Valuable items like jewelry, art work and collectibles may have increased in value since you received them. Check with your agent to make sure that you have adequate insurance for these items. They may need to be insured separately.

F
F
Yes!! Nice information that you have shared with us.
Thank you very much
Thanks for sharing this nice link.

BellaOnline ALERT: Raw URLs are not allowed in these forums for security reasons. Please use UBB code. If you don't know how to do UBB code just post here for help - we will help out!

Moderated by  Insurance Guru 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.