Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
S
Shark
OP Offline
Shark
S
Does any one else have problems with the Rider Waite deck? I would love to be able to use this deck as it is rich in symbology but I have never been able to. Every time I try to use it I get very negative readings and it just seems so dark. I don't have this problem with other decks.

Sikpiksie

A religious war is like two children fighting over who has the strongest imaginary friend!
Sponsored Post Advertisement
Koala
Koala
the Rider Waite deck has Judo-christian symbology so if you have had a bad experince with christianity this my color your veiw of the reading. ?

S
Shark
OP Offline
Shark
S
No, it's not that. I actually like the symbology which is why I would like to be able to use this deck. I just get such negative readings. For instance...I did a daily reading the other morning and deciced to use the RW (just to see if things had changed and I could use the deck) and got 9 swords, 10 swords, (can't remember the last card but I know it was a negative card) so I put the deck away.
I did a reading for the same day using the Celtic Dragon and got Sun, 6 pentacles, A pentacles.
None of the negativity that was showing in the Rider Waite happened but the reading done with the Celtic Dragon was spot on.
Any way I have decided that for whatever reason the Rider Waite is not for me and I will just have to look for another deck.

Sikpicksie

A religious war is like two children fighting over who has the strongest imaginary friend!
Koala
Koala
forgive my ignoreince but what is negative about the 9 and 10 of swords?

I am a beganer at reading tarot cards so....

S
Shark
OP Offline
Shark
S
Well if I get the 9 swords ( worry albeit unecessary) followed by the 10 swords (things can't get much worse) followed by...say the tower (collapse of some structure, belief etc)...(extreme example)...I know that I am going to have something worse than just a bad hair day!

Bear in mind though that this is only my interpretation. It also depends on the position of the cards and what surrounds them, but generally for me the 9 and 10 of swords together do not bode well!

Sikpiksie

Koala
Koala
maybe the RW deck is trying to broaded your outlook? maybe it is trying to show you that there is an upside to the cards you hold as negative.

Gecko
Gecko
Maybe it is picking up on your negative vibes. All things have energy. Just MHO.

A
ancientflaxman
Unregistered
ancientflaxman
Unregistered
A
Very bad circumstances or unlucky may not mean a negative. Death may simply mean change. The way that I have found it best for me is to read the cards with my soul not just attending to their face value. Frankly I can not remember them all!!! Sometimes I think of mathamatics. negatives together may make a positive. Maybe a block or a percieved negative just means clearing a bit of old thinking out of the way. Negatives to me usually mean opportunities. I embrace the Tarot. Blessed Be

S
Shark
OP Offline
Shark
S
I guess that it shows that we all read differently and have different interpretations. On the day I got those cards in my reading my 73yr old mother had a 300kg steel pole fall on her, catching her on the shoulder and the side of the head. It was touch and go for a while but she is recovering, although she will never be able to do all the things she used to.
For me, that combination of cards always represents a negative happening. I don't actually see how you could see those three cards in combination as positive but, as I said, we all read differently.

Sikpiksie

I honestly have difficulty reading with any deck but my own, even decks that have the same symbolism and card order. They simply don't speak to me. But I also cannot read for myself, as I see what I want to see and not what's there. (I think that's a common problem.) Perhaps your issue is with that specific deck. Have you tried similar sets? Also, try reading for others to get an objective experience before trying to read for yourself. That might help, too... As always, just my opinion. smile

Anda

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.