Page 1 of 2 1 2
#412852 04/29/08 04:01 PM
Trish-D Offline OP
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
Do you have any objects that heighten your sense of power or peace when you carry them with you? Don't fret if you think it's superstitious. wink I have done crystal healing on myself and others and still sometimes carry crystals in my pocket.

Do you any that you would like to share? Rabbit's foot, holey stone, cross, pentagram, etc.?

Trish Deneen
PatriciaJoy.com
Sponsored Post Advertisement
BellaOnline Editor
Chimpanzee
BellaOnline Editor
Chimpanzee
Sometimes I think we carry talismans, without ever thinking of them that way.

Like my wedding bands, if I forget to put them on in the morning, something feels "off" all day long, like I'm constantly forgetting something.

After all - what are wedding bands, but a symbol of love?

But on a much more superstitious note - I grew up in a baseball family. Baseball players are the world's WORST about lucky socks, routines, etc.

So everytime my daughter has a cheer competition, I wear the same shirt, do my nails in her team colors, wear a silver hat - to everyone else it just looks like I'm bing into team spirit, but it's really all luck stuff - including the little teddy we carry with us!

Last edited by Michelle_Launch; 04/29/08 08:07 PM.

Michelle Taylor
Marriage Editor
F
froggie0424
Unregistered
froggie0424
Unregistered
F
I usually carry a piece of citrine with me to keep my energy up during the day. I'm a chronic napper, and I tend to have low energy as the day goes on...

I also often carry smoky quartz to thwart any negativity that might be around. I'll carry other stones depending on the end I am trying to achieve...

Trish-D Offline OP
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
Michelle- I feel naked without my wedding ring too.:) We don't usually think of things like that as talismans, but we do come to associate so much emotion with them that they seem to give us strength. I think it is the same idea behind the sports items. Some folks feel about sports the way others feel about religion.

froggie- I've used smoky quartz too especially when I know I might be headed into a tough situation. Black stones like onyx are good for this too.

I have a Brighid's cross that I sometimes wear that helps me feel peaceful, but that is because I feel close to her.

Trish Deneen
PatriciaJoy.com
Chipmunk
Chipmunk
Along the lines of the wedding bands, I have a set of thumbrings (2 on one thumb) that I have a tendency to fuss with when I am anxious. If I ever forget to put them on...believe me I know it as soon as I have a cranky customer at work.

I have a huge piece of green amber as a pendant, and the weight of it seems reassuring.

per aspera ad astra: Through rough ways to the stars...

BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
I have a necklace that I wear when I need help, encouragement, energy or just because I like it. It has a large amethyst crystal, a small pentagram, a small holey stone and a silver ball that has small bells inside; all on a purple silk cord.

I also have a few beach rocks from NJ that I love to hold because they are so smooth. Since I'm now 1,000 miles from the Jersey Shore they are VERY precious to me.

BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
I'm also one to carry stones or crystals with me, on pretty much a daily basis LOL. I also have a rainbow obsidian heart necklace that brings me great comfort.

I have a botswana agate that's been a good friend to me for over 20 years now too... I always feel so good when I carry it.

Deanna Joseph

Visit the New Age Site and Forums

What are your Soul Gifts? Discover your true nature and potential, and learn who you are on a Soul Level with a Soul Realignmentâ„¢ reading.

I completely agree on the subject of wedding bands... My handfasting rings are essential. smile

I also wear a pentacle and only rarely take it off. It symbolizes my mother (because it was a gift from her), peace, acceptance, the rounded Universe, the struggle of modern Pagans to live freely and be safe, my own struggles, and hope for the future. Oh, and the Elements. lol A very complicated symbol, but one that's grown in power over the years. I feel a lost without it.

Anda

BellaOnline Editor
Chimpanzee
BellaOnline Editor
Chimpanzee
Originally Posted By: Anda
I also wear a pentacle and only rarely take it off. It symbolizes my mother (because it was a gift from her), peace, acceptance, the rounded Universe, the struggle of modern Pagans to live freely and be safe, my own struggles, and hope for the future. Oh, and the Elements. lol A very complicated symbol, but one that's grown in power over the years. I feel a lost without it.

Anda

I know what you mean by "complicated symbol".

One of these days (I keep saying this) I am going to be able to afford a tattoo thast I have drawn. It is of a Phoenix holding a lantern. It is a symbol of my fight with depression and several other struggles throughout my life. The phoenix is obvious to most people - but the lantern symbolizes hope - so the two together mean a lot to me.

Michelle Taylor
Marriage Editor
M
M
I love my rings...all of them !
I just can't wear them anymore, my arms and hands burn due to
irritated spinal cord from a smashed disk in my neck.

When I drive I either carry a smoke quartz and clear quartz
with me. These are both about an ince long, double terminated.
If my pockets aren't deep enough to prevent them falling out,
I have clear quartz crystal earrings I use for driving.
I always wear my pentacle or triple moon necklace...
I'm out of the broom closet to the family so I don't hide the
fact in public anymore.
Gentle Light
Mollimizz

A truly happy person is one who can
enjoy the scenery on a detour.

"Hurt not the earth, neither the sea, nor the trees."
-- Revelation 7:3.
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Ninjahedgewych 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Review of Boost Your Online Brand: Make Creative A
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/25/24 07:04 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/25/24 09:21 AM
Mother's Day Gift Ideas to Sew
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/24/24 06:08 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:37 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:33 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:43 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.