Next Thread
Print Thread
#411448 04/25/08 10:47 AM
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
Has anyone seen this new Ben 10 series yet? It's set five years in the future, and the grandpa has disappeared.

I saw bits and pieces of the debut episode. I really didn't care for it all that much. There's something about the original Ben 10 series that is just missing here (and I mean more than just the grandpa!).

My 10-year-old daughter, who liked the original Ben 10, said she didn't like this new series, either. She said that with the original series, she could identify more with the kids (because they were close to her age). Now that they're five years older, she says she can't really relate to them as much anymore. I don't know what my 7-year-old son thinks, because he hasn't said anything.

Lesley Aeschliman
Sponsored Post Advertisement
BellaOnline Editor
Chimpanzee
BellaOnline Editor
Chimpanzee
My kids liked it, but I too thought it was not quite as good.

It's missing quite a bit of the humor that made Ben10 so fun to watch. It's much darker now.

I don't understand why "they" feel cartoons for kids these days must be dark (Batman, Superman, etc) - isn't there enough going on in the real world without turning entertainment into an emotional morass for kids?

Michelle Taylor
Marriage Editor
M
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
M
I haven't seen the new series and we don't watch a lot of Ben 10, we only seem to watch it when we are watching someone else's kids and their kids want to watch it. When we actually watch it my girls like it, but it's not a show they ask for on their own.

I do agree that a lot of the acrtoons geared towards kids are way to dark! And I am still at a complete loss as to why they do this, myguess they think this is what the kids want or they are actually trying to hook the adults.

Marci Ann Peterson

Moderated by  Chana- Children's TV 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.