#410930 04/23/08 11:14 PM
L
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
L
Ok... believe it or not, there is a shortage of matzo in this part of the country (west coast - California, Arizona). Apparently, one of the Manischewitz machines was down and they did not produce as much as usual.

My husband just called or visited - no joke - 20 stores before he found one box of regular matzo and one box of spelt matzo for sale. We only had one and a half pieces left.

Anyone have any good non-matzo/passover recipes? We did just make cottage cheese pancakes (found in my latest article)! I suppose this IS a good time to start eating more salads, vegetables and fruits... but, that's just no fun.

Lisa Pinkus

Moms Site
Sponsored Post Advertisement
F
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
F
Do you have potato starch or matzah meal? Here in Detroit there's no potato starch to be had. Guess I'll have to do what the great great bubbies did and make my own ;-)
Seriously, there is potato kugel, various cakes.... I'm not home so don't have access to my recipes but I do have some onion and mushroom souffle recipes, though they do need something as a binder. There are bound to be lots of good potato recipes on the web, and it is only till Sunday.
Good luck and take care, Fayge

Fayge #411189 04/24/08 03:08 PM
L
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
L
wow! you can make your own potato starch?

We actually found some (more) matzo.... I think it's more nostalgic than a desperate need. Who wants to have passover without matzo and butter or matzo lasagna or matzo brie? smile

I'm already set for the upcoming Shabbos/chag. I made a batch of chicken with a different marinade and froze it, and I have some extra kugels in the freezer too!

Did the snow melt yet in Michigan?

Lisa Pinkus

Moms Site
F
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
F
It may be possible to make your own potato starch but I don't know anyone who does. (Though I do have a cousin who's discovered her inner Martha Stewart who makes her own puff pastry.)

I just discovered matzah lasagna a few years ago. It's wonderful!

We've actually been in the 70s this week. But of course tomorrow the temperature's supposed to drop to 60, 40 by Monday with the chance of snowshowers Monday night. I assume it won't stick ;-)
We have a few weeks of beautiful spring. Some years it feels like it goes straight from 50 to 80 or more, and stays there.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
MyHeritage & OldNews
by Angie - 03/16/24 09:15 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/16/24 08:27 AM
Denmark's Oscar Entry "The Promised Land"
by Angela - Drama Movies - 03/15/24 08:51 PM
Stunning jewelry by Devon Leigh
by sarae - 03/15/24 12:58 PM
From Candlemas to March Equinox
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/14/24 07:35 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/14/24 07:12 PM
A Lenten Reflection
by Angie - 03/13/24 09:24 PM
Stitching by Hand
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/13/24 04:21 PM
Lucy Lawless Directs New Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 03/12/24 05:47 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 03/10/24 03:09 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.