Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
K
Jellyfish
OP Offline
Jellyfish
K
Do you think that if a person is more "sensitive" that they will experience a greater variety of paranormal phenomena than the less sensitive person?

Kim DeLeary
Paranormal Editor
Sponsored Post Advertisement
Wolf
Wolf
I do not think so.

E
E
no. more sensitivity still equals might see a little bit.

when people capture stunning images of ufos or large groups of people witness ufos, it's hard for alot of us who didn't see it or even the people who witnessed it to believe.

more sensitivity is desired but the brain needs to catch up and our everyday five senses leave alot to be desired.

i think as a group, people are getting better and more open to extraordinary or paranormal phenomena. instead of thinking of "para" as beyond, another meaning is 'along side'.

Do you think that if a person is more "sensitive" that they will experience a greater variety of paranormal phenomena than the less sensitive person?

Wolf
Wolf
I believe that only those who are destined will see paranormal.

Amoeba
Amoeba
normal as a concept is in the mind of the beholder. But the status quo view of normal is what we can comprehend, and since the scientific community has a hard time wrapping their heads around activities that are outliers, they've become lumped as a group into the paranormal. People who are more sensitive, I suspect, are more perceptive, and therefore more likely to identify/observe things that they wouldn't otherwise notice. Although for those who are more sensitive, natural ability is only half of it. There's a lot to be said about developing those abilities. Practice makes perfect.

A lot of people are still oblivious to the paranormal, or very cynical because they've already decided that its too crazy to exist.

BellaOnline Editor
Koala
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
I think being sensitive and accepting it, you are more likely to take notice of paranormal events and acknowledge them as such. It may not be that you experience more events than a non-sensitive, but you recognize them when they occur.

Many are sensitive, yet cloak it in terms like "Mother's Intuition." They don't acknowledge their sensitivity or paranormal events they may experience which are outside their comfort zone. My Mother is a good example. She has had paranormal experiences most of her life, two of which were with me. Yet she responds with disbelief when I describe an event I have experienced. She has never accepted her sensitivity, nor mine or my daughters. The comical part is we both got it from her!

Her general response is "Weird things always happen to you." She apparently doesn't want it, therefore she ignores it. I don't think I have more paranormal experiences than my Mother. I just don't automatically discount them as she does.

After many years, I've realized we will never be able to communicate effectively on this subject. So I merely mention things in passing and don't elaborate. I have found others, like my husband, I can discuss with and confide in.

Jane Winkler, Editor
Native American Site
NativeAmericanForum
Avatar: Feather Dance Bustle - Men's Regalia

Moderated by  Deena - Paranormal Editor 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.