logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#410022 04/22/08 08:00 AM
Amoeba
OP Offline
Amoeba
I hadn't planned on touching this subject for a while, but given the situation on the forums here, I posted a first article on talking about being pro-choice.

BellaOnline ALERT: Raw URLs are not allowed in these forums for security reasons. Please use UBB code. If you don't know how to do UBB code just post here for help - we will help out!

Elizabeth Ross
Pro-Choice
Sponsored Post Advertisement
Gecko
Gecko
Loved the article and I must agree with you, take the higher ground and basically silently agree to disagree so to speak. When people are on opposite sides, they rarely come to a middle ground.

B
Gecko
Gecko
B
I also loved this article.
Sometimes I think the only thing you can do is ignore these people - I mean, the definitely want to argue and some get violent - isn't the biggest insult/defence ignoring?
They want a reaction; no reaction means it doesn't bother you.
There is no way to inform them - they won't listen to a rational discussion.

P
Gecko
Gecko
P
Originally Posted By: BillieCat
There is no way to inform them - they won't listen to a rational discussion.

That's true. Last time I looked, it was a free and democratic country. You have the right to your opinion, and I have the right to mine. As long as you're not trying to impose your choice on me, I don't see a problem.

Last edited by Pikasam; 04/22/08 10:32 AM.

Childfree? Join us at www.thechildfreelife.com.
B
Gecko
Gecko
B
What is the Pro-choice atmosphere like in Canada?

Amoeba
OP Offline
Amoeba
Based on what I'm seeing on the Net, they seem to be a step or two behind us.

BellaOnline ALERT: Raw URLs are not allowed in these forums for security reasons. Please use UBB code. If you don't know how to do UBB code just post here for help - we will help out!

Elizabeth Ross
Pro-Choice
P
Gecko
Gecko
P
Certainly a whole heap more friendly than in the US. We don't have the same rabid fundamentalist presence that you guys have - this is after all, a country that prides itself on being probably the most tolerant in the world. (By tolerant, read almost paralysed by political correctness!)

As far as I know, abortion is covered by every provincial health plan in the country and available pretty much on demand.

I'm horrified that Roe v Wade is in danger of being overturned at a federal level. Like I've said before, I can't even fathom how an administration can preach democracy and tolerance to other countries and cultures (mostly at the point of a gun) and oppress half its citizens in the same breath. It boggles my mind.

Last edited by Pikasam; 04/22/08 12:01 PM.

Childfree? Join us at www.thechildfreelife.com.
Amoeba
OP Offline
Amoeba
Well, it is nothing new. Woodrow Wilson preached about freeing people from oppression in Germany to justify getting involved in WWI, meanwhile there were women picketing for the right to vote on his doorstep.

Elizabeth Ross
Pro-Choice
E
Koala
Koala
E
Very good article. No matter how clearly you think you explain something, some groups just love to twist your words so that they can justify their position rather than having an actual discussion. And you're right - it would be just awful if it happened within the ProChoice movement.

Elle Carter Neal
BellaOnline Alumna

Moderated by  Suzanne-Pro-Choice Editor 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.