Page 6 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Lisa LowCarb #432583 07/03/08 04:29 PM
Jilly Offline OP
BellaOnline Editor
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
yep, that's a good goal, huh? I am having fun with it.

Well I need to return my kundalini yoga DVD to the library tonite so that means I HAVE to try it today. it's been very hot so I have not been motivated to do yoga in my living room, but now i have an actual deadline, so that will help.

Oh, and I slept in and missed my library yoga class today. So the DVD will fill the niche perfectly.

Sponsored Post Advertisement
Jilly #432698 07/04/08 03:21 AM
Jilly Offline OP
BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
I did 90 minutes of the Kundalini yoga DVD. It was a bit bizarre but an intense workout. I reviewed it in it's own post. smile

Last edited by Jilly; 07/04/08 03:21 AM.
Jilly #434777 07/11/08 04:08 PM
Jilly Offline OP
BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Yesterday I did lots of yoga! I had my library yoga class in the AM and then played around with my new yoga books in the PM. I did some harder variations of plow, shoulderstand and bow and wheel and some others.

Slightly sore today. smile

Jilly #435784 07/16/08 12:06 AM
Jilly Offline OP
BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
well i crushed my finger in my car door while camping today, so i will have to try doing yoga that does not require weighting my left hand. frown

Jilly #435869 07/16/08 11:05 AM
Zebra
Zebra
Ouch! You poor Jilly! I have a jacked up fingernail from the same thing--when I was four years old. So, take care of it!

I'm still modifying my yoga for my neck/shoulders. I can do downward dog (just a few), but not yet planks or anything really weight-bearing.

BellaDeb #435976 07/16/08 04:15 PM
Jilly Offline OP
BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Thanks Deb. smile It's all about the Ice, Compression, Ibuprofen, Elevation and Rest for me. So RIICE. My first responder training serves me well. smile

I hope your neck and shoulders improve. What mods did you come up with?

I have library yoga tomorrow - i will tell the teacher about my finger and will try to modify things. I will treat this like research to keep myself from feeling frustrated.

Last edited by Jilly; 07/16/08 04:17 PM.
Jilly #436011 07/16/08 05:50 PM
Zebra
Zebra
For about a month, I didn't do much at all. Some stretches after walking, but not really much yoga. Then, I started with some seated twists & bends, then standing stretches & a couple of warriors, and some easy balance poses.

Only after about a month did I feel okay to be doing quick downward dog poses. Still don't do planks. I am doing some strength training with light weights to help build up some muscle to hopefully help my bad ones. Just started those last night.

So, lately, I've been doing a few minutes each day of standing poses and balances, and a couple of sun salutations (without holding planks or lunges for very long at all), seated twists (love that for the spine) and lots of bending forward to stretch legs & hips.

Oh, and a supported sort of fish pose I found in a book for healing--you put a block down under your bra strap area (wide side up) and lay on your back on the block and put another block under your neck (long side up). And just lay there for awhile! It does seem to be helping, and it feels good to do that--it's sort of a counter pose to all this computer hunching I do all day.

BellaDeb #436167 07/17/08 12:38 PM
Jilly Offline OP
BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Oo, deb, that does sound relaxing. I will have to try that. i like the heart openers.

Last night I did a variety of yoga stuff - office yoga during work, PM yoga before bed, and some sun salutes and misc poses after my treadmill workout. I worked on a backbend from standing (I can get one arm down to the floor but not the other), tried to get into a handstand, and then did headstand and elbowstand against the wall.

I was so happy with how easy the headstand was! I felt like I could hang out like that all day. Of course, it's easy against the wall. smile But my legs just kicked right up there and it felt delicious.

Jilly #436538 07/18/08 01:53 PM
Jilly Offline OP
BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Yesterday I had my library yoga class. My main instructor was on vacation so we had Jenny, our backup instructor, teach. She had very nice transitions and i enjoyed the class so much. We might be getting Jenny to do library classes on Mondays now, which would be great - we's have Michelle on Thursdays and Jenny on Mondays. We also talked about having a class outside at some point soon - probably on the shore of Lake Gregory. smile

We are up to three fans blowing on us in the library now that it's so hot out. smile

In the evening i messed around with Wheel pose, Headstand, Elbow stand and Crow. Still can't hold crow for more than a second but i will keep working on it. I did the rooster pose (full lotus and holding your weight up on your hands). I worked on getting my headstand away from the wall. It's only a matter of time.

I really enjoy headstand. it feels so neat to just hang out upside down.

I need to try Handstand again. I don't know if i am strong enough in my arms for it but will keep trying.

Jilly #437084 07/21/08 12:48 AM
Jilly Offline OP
BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Today's yoga consisted of poses on the bed and the mat to relieve PSM cramps. frown

I also had a nice hot bath with milk powder and ginger/chamomile tea while *reading* about yoga. smile

Page 6 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/26/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/26/24 04:27 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/26/24 02:20 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/25/24 07:21 PM
Review of Boost Your Online Brand: Make Creative A
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/25/24 07:04 PM
Mother's Day Gift Ideas to Sew
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/24/24 06:08 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.