Next Thread
Print Thread
Jilly Offline OP
BellaOnline Editor
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
yes, I know that's the theme song from Biggest Loser, but it's also a very good question. We should all strive to do things everyday, on some level, to feel proud of ourselves. And it's a good thing to tell others about it: it can be inspiring to other people, and also help improve your own self esteem.

So i will start. I had a high fiber breakfast. I did some yoga. I took my wonderful dog for a walk in the sunshine. I scrubbed out my kitchen sink until it gleamed. I cheered on someone who lost weight. And i was kind to my husband in an instance where i might usually have gotten annoyed and given him a hard time.

Sponsored Post Advertisement
S
Gecko
Gecko
S
Healthy eating wise, I started my day as usual with my chocolate whey protein powder mixed into my oatmeal.

Every Wednesday I cook and take food to my widowed father-in-law. It's enough nutritious dinner food to last him 4 days. He had a stroke a few years back and doesn't cook himself, so he is very appreciative of my cooking. We have long talks every week about his life history. I had a really long visit today as we really got into serious discussions about a variety of topics.

I also called my son today (who lives in his own apartment) because I hadn't talked to him in several days. I told him I just wanted to say "hi" and we ended up chatting for 15 minutes with him asking me for advice on an important issue. After I hung up I thought "wow I guess it was a good thing for me to call." It was a good day.

Last edited by DebCreativeEditor; 04/16/08 09:59 PM.
BellaOnline Editor
BellaOnline Editor
That is really great, Deb, it sounds like serendipity that you gave him a call!

Bob and I went out on a 3 mile walk today, and although he was a bit testy for some reason, I tried to be patient and let it ride. I just finished folding 75 pink origami cranes for a last minute order that need to go out today priority. Bob was good enough to get me the extra paper I needed - and beads too - so I was able to get it all set.

I have to admit that I got the order several days ago (still last minute) and put it off until today because I was so busy with other things. Still, at least now it is done "in time" smile

Lisa Shea, Low Carb and Video Games Editor
Low Carb Forum
Chipmunk
Chipmunk
Well...... I managed to combine some work time, some kids time and some 'me' time (my garden time!)

I sowed some sweet peas with my son (proud about that cos I had been putting it off and worried it might get too late.)

I planted a rose that was about to dry out any day!

I made a garden picnic and chilled out on a rug in the garden with the kids (without doing something else -like work- at the same time.)

I took them for a hike and some mountain boarding (No, not me - them LOL !)

...... but most of all, the thing that made me proudest - I designed and created my blog and made it public - myself!

It's very new (ie today!) but it's here ....

BellaOnline ALERT: Raw URLs are not allowed in these forums for security reasons. Please use UBB code. If you don't know how to do UBB code just post here for help - we will help out!

BellaOnline Editor
BellaOnline Editor
Great job on the blog! That is cool!

Low Carb Forum
Jilly Offline OP
BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Yesterday I realized i had my day's worth of carbs with breakfast (lots of fiber though), so i actually planned out a dinner, something to cook, that was carb-free. I also used up some of my fresh food/produce so I would not have to waste them (I have a two week trip coming up in two days). My goal is to use all my fresh foods before my trip (which means some cooking, which is a challenge for me).

I also worked out quite a bit to make up for a few days of partying.

I finally organized the laundry room, my coffee shelf, my tea shelf, and the plant supplies cabinet. I created room in the pantry for the DH to put his Costco supplies on the top two shelves - his own space/stuff.

I also scrubbed the kitchen floor boards under the dishwasher and sink with an old toothbrush to get out he layers of awful crud from the previous residents of my home. It's not totaly done yet, but i can only breathe in so much Fabuloso at a time. I will keep it going until all the shmutz is up.

BellaOnline Editor
BellaOnline Editor
Wow, that is AWESOME Jilly!! You got an amazing amount of productive things done!

Low Carb Forum
I got back on the treadmill after a 6 day crash

Rosie L
Jilly Offline OP
BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Thanks Lisa! And Rosie, good for you! Sometimes we get distracted from our routines, but as long as we get back on them, we can be pleased with ourselves.

BellaOnline Editor
BellaOnline Editor
Yes Rosie good for you for getting back on again! It can be hard after a break to get back into the schedule, and it is great that you did!!

Today I finally got the gathering stuff all settled - I think we are all set for DC! So that is very refreshing. I am also just about done backing up all of my music files, so I can move on to my video and photo files. That hasn't been done in years so it's good to know that is all set. Backups are so important!

Low Carb Forum

Moderated by  Lisa LowCarb 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Review of Boost Your Online Brand: Make Creative A
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/25/24 07:04 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/25/24 09:21 AM
Mother's Day Gift Ideas to Sew
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/24/24 06:08 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:37 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:33 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:43 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.