Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
M
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
M
I have a beautiful home office, complete with a redrock mural of Utah-inspired pictographs and petroglyphs, a large u-shaped desk and plenty of bookshelves -- but I hate being tied down to writing in one place. My laptop crashed a couple of months ago, so I bought a desktop PC. Less than a month later I'm buying another cheap laptop. Having space to write is nice, having freedom to write wherever you are is invaluable, IMHO!

Cheers,
Megan

Sponsored Post Advertisement
Chipmunk
Chipmunk
Me too - I think my output has probably tripled since I got my laptop! I now tend to make little mini workstations all over the house - garden - and car LOL!

J
Koala
Koala
J
I've done that too but I notice when I move my laptop to the kitchen table, it really bothers my wrists. I try to keep my work space in my office.

When my daughter got an apartment at college, I took over her room and my desk faces the window so i can look out and see the sky. I put my favorite photos on the wall and made it really nice. It's the first time I've had my own "work room."

S
Gecko
Gecko
S
I have a designated writing area with a pc in my art room on the 2nd floor of my house, but my husband (who is a computer manager) brought home a cute little MacBook for me to experiment with. Now I've abandoned the stationary PC, unless I need to print. I'm all over the house, outside deck, basement and sun room. The only drawback is when I'm writing, I have to go searching for my thesaurus or binder, notepads, etc. 'cause they get separated from my laptop so much. I still love the freedom that the laptop has given me. Oh, and sometimes I compose in bed on a yellow pad and transfer my ideas over the next day to my laptop. I also keep a small notepad with me in my purse for when I'm out and about.

Chipmunk
Chipmunk
That's funny LOL - just like me losing my stuff too - we abandon our huge old PCs then need a box to carry our laptop stuff round in!
Here's my list of things to go looking for, before I start:
1.Laptop
2. Glasses
3. Address book (for emails,passwords,urls !)
4. Coffee
5.Notebook
6. Pen

Parakeet
Parakeet
I love to work on my laptop in my bright open kitchen. But I also love that I can move to my living room when the electrician comes to work in the kitchen lately. There is nothing better than a portable computer! smile

Shay

M
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
M
I also have a great study set up as an office complete with a lock on the door, that means stay out I'm writing, however, I love to take the laptop and go into the kitchen or out on the patio in the great weather. For some reason, I truly get inspired at the kitchen table. I also carry a spiral notebook and am constantly writing everywhere I go!
Mary Caliendo
tea editor

Mary Caliendo
Tea Editor
Tea Forum
R
Gecko
Gecko
R
I really guess I write all over the place. I am staying with my aunt and I do have a room. I probably write in there, mostly.

When I have my writers group meetings, that gets me inspried and I do a lot of writing where we meet.

I had a company picnic and I took my notebook there. We were outdoors, etc I also had my camera and taking pictures came first, I guess.

I write in my family room or den, I haven't decided what to call this room. I mostly "write" on my computer with Word. I need to write more in a journal, so I can go outdoors--especially with the weather being so much nicer these days.

M
Shark
Shark
M
I think I'm the oddball - I have my laptop with me ALWAYS and most of my writing (aka when the only time I have free time) is in my car between classes and work or other obligations!

Mindy, Adoption Editor
Adoption Site
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.