Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
S
Gecko
OP Offline
Gecko
S
writer, artist, singer, photographer, candle maker, doll maker, musician, jewelry maker or whatever it is you do creatively today? What was your earliest memory from childhood that told you, you would likely carry over your talent to adulthood?

My mother dug up some stories I wrote from 1st grade that I didn't remember writing. After I reread them a few months ago, I thought to myself, it's no wonder I grew up to want to write so much.

I also struggled in 2nd grade with Math. I remember my teacher (who knew I was being transferred to another school) said to me that she wasn't going to help me with my math, but instead told me to work on art projects while the rest of the class did math lessons. I was not popular with the rest of the children, but I learned to take refuge in art. Today I still take refuge in my art. It is my biggest method of self-expression. What about you?

Sponsored Post Advertisement
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
As far back as I can remember I have either written or verbally made up stories. I would always either be writing or making clothes for my dolls. I am now a writer and a dollmaker. I always loved to create things and designs and was also drawing a lot as a child. I now bead, quilt, sew, and draw. It all just seemed natural to me from an early age.

Walk in Peace and Harmony.
Phyllis Doyle Burns
Avatar: Fair Helena by Rackham, Public Domain
C
Parakeet
Parakeet
C
I have been drawing nearly all my life. I got in trouble very early on for drawing on the end papers of my mother's favorite cook book...but it was the only clean paper available. So then my parents got me a chalk board on an easel and I loved it!
I would doodle constantly when in school, and would get in trouble for that, too. I still doodle at meetings and such, only now I call it "designing future paintings".

I must have had a loud singing voice when a child, I remember being humiliated when the music teacher in elementary school asked me not to sing with the rest of the class in a class program. But by the time I got in high school the voice was under better control and I started getting solos and happily, I'm still singing.

S
Gecko
OP Offline
Gecko
S
Phyllis and Claybird -
These are two awesome stories of how the past transformed today. It sounds like both of you honed the talents you developed from childhood into fine-tuned skills, hobbies and careers now. Phyllis, you seemed destined to write and make clothes for dolls. Claybird, I think it's great that you still doodle in meetings to plan paintings and developed a solo singing voice. Thanks for sharing your stories. smile

Last edited by DebCreativeEditor; 04/19/08 08:17 PM.
R
Gecko
Gecko
R
I used to write when I was very young, also.

One other thing I enjoyed was cooking. I started out with chicken noodle soup from Campbell's and graduated to hot dogs, pancakes, etc. When my mother was acub scout leader, it was my job as the eldest child to make the dinner on Wednesday night.

A few years ago, a co-worker taught four of us how to make candy. I went on a roll. I made so much candy that people in my office asked me to stop.

Now I am into writing, and just started a food business as well.

Later on - they will be combined. I'll be writing candy cookbooks, etc....

S
Gecko
OP Offline
Gecko
S
Robin - It is too cool that your love of cooking and writing rolled over into adulthood and now you just started a food business. That's terrific! Combining your love of writing and candy making into a candy cookbook already sounds like it will be a big success. Best of luck on your future endeavors.

Moderated by  Jana - Creativity Editor 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/25/24 07:21 PM
Review of Boost Your Online Brand: Make Creative A
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/25/24 07:04 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/25/24 09:21 AM
Mother's Day Gift Ideas to Sew
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/24/24 06:08 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:37 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:33 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.