Print Thread
V
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
V
The following is al ist of what coins are valuable and following the list is a website that I found this info at.

Wheat Pennies (...worth 2 to 5 times their face value)

Steel Pennies (...supposedly very common; all are from 1943 and they stick to a magnet; worth up to a dime)

1943 Copper Penny (...guess they primarily made steel pennies this year, making the standard copper penny rare for the year 1943; how does $20,000 sound?!)

Indian Head Penny (...who knew a penny could be worth up to 3 dollars?!)

Buffalo Nickel (...they're worth up to a dollar)

BellaOnline ALERT: Raw URLs are not allowed in these forums for security reasons. Please use UBB code. If you don't know how to do UBB code just post here for help - we will help out!

Vance Rowe
Crime Editor
Sponsored Post Advertisement
W
W
well i'm a newbie when it comes to collecting coins but i'm really interested with it. and aside from collecting i think i can also earn some bucks from these coins.

Everyone knows the value of the US Dollar is going down - the only thing that keeps its value is metals - In the early 1900's and ounce of Gold bought a real nice suit - Gold then was around $20 an ounce. Today that same Ounce of Gold Will buy a real nice suit but that $20 would maybe get you a nice tie.

To fight off inflation everyone should be purchasing Gold and Silver in some form - Gold Coins - Silver Coins or bullion / bars

The best way to start is to start out with a simple program called Silver Snowball - You can visit my site, join and start your collection today.BellaOnline ALERT: Raw URLs are not allowed in these forums for security reasons. Please use UBB code. If you don't know how to do UBB code just post here for help - we will help out!

Shark
Shark
There is so much to collect that many collectors narrow their collecting to one area. Quarters, type collecting (meaning one of each), halves, US, Mexican etc, proofs, commemorative, slabs, cents, world types, silver, gold, copper, Early American, dollars and so on. I collected a little of everything and then settles on halves as my favorite.

Jellyfish
Jellyfish
I am a huge coin collector and have dealt in coins as well, but my main area of specialty (for coins) is Canadian. I have been a member of the Royal Canadian Numismatic Association for over 20 years and have served on the board of directors.
Coins are fun and can be profitable. That being said, most times if you are just beginning to collect coins only thinking of making profit, especially in the short term, you are likely going to be disappointed.
Happy collecting! smile

Kevin Thorburn
Ice Hockey
Gecko
Gecko
I was never a coin collector and if I did have a coin would need to spend it. But interestingly enough I started to collect the US state quarters and managed to collect all and not tempted to pend them...Now what...time will tell. laugh

Last edited by rdywenur; 12/27/08 12:35 PM.
BellaOnline Editor
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
BellaOnline Editor
I wonder how many of these have slipped through my fingers over the years?

When did the copper content in pennies go down?

1982 - both copper & copper-plated zinc pennies were minted that year. Difference between them is the weight <copper ones weigh more than the zinc ones>

-B-
"We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors,
we borrow it from our children."
BellaOnline Editor
BellaOnline Editor
Thank you Beetlemess. That is very helpful!

Maybe I will sort out my actual copper pennies from the zinc ones next. I can mess with those while I watch TV or something.

BellaOnline Editor
BellaOnline Editor
My buffalo head nickle might be worth quite a bit more than i thought. I will be bringing it to a coin shop this week.

Moderated by  Gary-Coin Editor 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.