Next Thread
Print Thread
#373458 02/07/08 06:10 PM
BellaOnline Editor
Amoeba
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Amoeba
Have you ever had anything odd happen to you concerning birds?

Deena Budd
Paranormal
Sponsored Post Advertisement
B
Shark
Shark
B
The only thing I can remember is the morning my mother called me to tell me that my grandfather was dying and she wanted me to get there as fast as possible, so I jumped in my car and proceeded to drive down the road as fast as I could go to get there in time and out of nowhere, a Raven dove straight for my car and smashed into my windshield. My cousin said it was a sign that he was already gone, so by the time I ran thru the doors of the nursing home, my mom was standing there telling me that he had just passed. I was too late.

bahrain #373977 02/09/08 09:43 AM
BellaOnline Editor
Amoeba
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Amoeba
Thank you for sharing your story. I am sorry that you didn't get to tell your grandfather goodbye, but I am sure that he heard you anyway.

An odd thing that happened to me was when I was driving down the highway and a flock of birds (I'm not sure what kind, although they were small birds) just flew right into my car. It was horrible because it happened so fast and unexpectedly that I was unable to do anything, and a lot of them were killed. I have no idea what made that happen.

Deena Budd
Paranormal
R
Gecko
Gecko
R
I live with my aunt who was my fathers' sister. They were very close as kids and now they were all the family left of their generation.

Dad fell in his machine shop and hit his head. We all rushed up to nothern NY. He lived and we thought it was a wonderful Thanksgiving!!

We got word about 2 weeks later, that he was doing worse again. My brother (who makes little of situations) said, "Come home". I felt that it was the beginning of the end. We all rushed up there again and he passed away 12/15/04.

When we got back to Florida, my aunt told me that the first time she went, she took care of the outdoor pond, and there, on the neighbors fence, was a hawk. He looked at her for a moment and then flew off.

When we went up the second time, she went outside the front door this time to put her suitcases in the car. A hawk was flying toward her. (the same one??). Something pulled her to go out from under the carport. She had a sweater on and put her arm up - he was coming at her to land on her arm. He turned right before he landed, dropped a feather, and flew off.

She has not seen him since.

Amoeba
Amoeba
I know little about birds in general, but I don't think that hawks are necessarily bringers of death. That seems to be the raven's job. But could it be that the hawk was revealing itself to her as a sort of totem or spirit guide?

Similar things I have noticed when out with my husband. He's always felt a really deep calling towards birds of prey like eagles and hawks. We travelled for eagle days a few months ago. We got out of the car to get some brochures when we arrived at one town that was hosting the eagle days, and when we returned to the car, we found a clawed fish lying next to the driverside front tire. One afternoon I sat at my pc and heard something hit the window next to me. When I looked out, I found a hawk eating something he killed, just under my husband's office window. Some later point a week after, I was on the phone with him on the front porch, and we couldn't hear each other over the hawk screeching from the bushes on the side of the house. I joke and say a hawk moved in, but its also kinda true.

Moderated by  Deena - Paranormal Editor 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Mother's Day Gift Ideas to Sew
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/24/24 06:08 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:37 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:33 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:45 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:43 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.