logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#407628 04/16/08 08:53 AM
L
OP Offline
L
My husband is in a heavy metal band, and the music he listens to uses language I would prefer my son not grow up learning and using. He's 9 months old, and he really likes the style of music, I think because when I was pregnant with him, I went to a lot of concerts my husband played. Anyway, the only way to calm him down in the car is to play either heavy metal music or Tenacious D (which is also inappropriate with language). I don't play it loud, of course, and I've tried other types of music, like VeggieTales or classical, but he keeps crying until I put in Tenacious D. Is there anything to do other than just let him cry? I hate to do that. I don't mind the style of music for him, but I don't want him learning the lyrics.

Sponsored Post Advertisement
BellaOnline Editor
Chimpanzee
BellaOnline Editor
Chimpanzee
There is a metal band called "Stryper", came out around 2001 - they are technically a Christian heavy metal band - but not all of their songs are theology based - but they are all clean.

Since you mentioned "Veggietales", I thought this might be a band you'd be interested in.

And here is a link to a site which checks out the latest Christian metal bands (and even gives their genres)
Heaven's Metal

I cannot endorse any of the bands on this site - 'cause I don't know any of them! But I am familiar with Stryper - and I kinda liked their stuff, but they may not be as "hard metal" as you're looking for.

Michelle Taylor
Marriage Editor
L
OP Offline
L
My husband's not really religious, but we have heard of Stryper. I tried VeggieTales because I thought the simple beats might be something my son would like. No, he's not into "kid music". Darnit.

I didn't even think of checking out Christian heavy metal bands. That's a good idea!

BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
KJ-52
Toby Mac
The Cross Movement
Grits
The Benjamin Gate (girl on lead vocals)

My babies always loved these artists/bands

Violette DeSantis, Writely Applied
Blogs/Social Networking Editor
Small Office/Home Office Editor

Now writing at BloggingTips.com & Soaps.com. For updates visit videsantis.WritelyApplied.com.

"Energy rightly applied and directed will accomplish anything" ~ Nellie Bly
Shark
Shark
This doesn't have to do with music, but it is entertainment related so I wanted to share it. The website Flicks for Kids is great for determining whether or not it is appropriate for your child to watch a certain movie. It rates different movies and then says what age group it is suitable for and why. Very cool resource!

Gecko
Gecko
The main thing I look for in music for my babies is that the words are sung in way that they can understand what's being said and learn to sing along. There are lots of songs marketed directly to kids, but I have seen mine responding positively to the old stuff like Woody Guthrie songs like Riding In My Car or Take Me for a Ride in Your Car and This Land Is Your Land and some blues songs like Elizabeth Cotton's Freight Train.

They like the kid stuff, too but I like to diversify.

Moderated by  Nicki - BF & EC Editor 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.