Next Thread
Print Thread
#407342 04/15/08 06:32 PM
B
Koala
OP Offline
Koala
B
Yesterday I went to the Dr to see if maybe I had walking pneumonia or bronchitis since this asthma is kicking me and there is this cough with mucus that is wearing me out.

She said I needed a steroid shot and that sucker hurt a few minutes later and good thing I got in the left arm so I could drive to Rite Aid. She gave me antibiotics and prednisone and another inhaler, this one is a steroid one to take twice a day and still use the other one as my attack inhaler. I am also taking cough medicine and stopped taking the hydroxycut for weight gain of prednisone since taking so many things and also benadryl at night to sleep and forgot about the claritin in AM for allergies.

Anyway I was up at 4 am with a coughing fit that almost had me throw up. I seem to not be any better after this shot. A few years ago with my skin problem I went to ER and got some shot and that did not get me any betterr.

I remember long ago in the 70s as a child going to the Dr for a shot and my legs hitting the table and we would have to wait like 15 minutes before leaving.

I think the weather here in LA is doing it. We were in warm warm weather and dry heat - 95 for like two days and today it is high 60s.

Anyone have better experiences when getting a steroid shot of prednisone. my system is used to prednisone oral for my eczema and it seems like my skin got really better from the shot but not my breathing.

Bonnie Sayers - Autism Editor

AUTISM site
Sponsored Post Advertisement
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
Hi Bonnie, sorry your not well, steroids are a devil n angel drug.
Due to my severe asthma i am on them often. They can be a life saver, but the side effects are far from good. because i am a long term user of prednisone over the years i have developed cataracts, had surgery to remove them, now i have glaucoma, and i developed osteoporosis. (but im breathing). your taking prednisone for your eczema so im sure you are aware of the side effects. I also hate the weight gain and moon face from steroids. i am also on 4 different inhalers. and a nebulizer as needed. i can truly understand your frustration. I hope you start feeling better real soon. hang in there

Rosie L
Koala
Koala
Typically the one you have to wait around on is epinepherine (same stuff thats in your "Epi Pen"--all sorts of nasty reactions can happen with this one). It's only given in emergent situations (when your airways are so constricted you cannot breathe). But it can be a life saver for those who can tolerate it.

B
Koala
OP Offline
Koala
B
Back in NJ when I was pregnant with my now almost 12 year old I was living with my parents for a few months and they had two dogs. My now 13 year old was 9 months old and my parents had two spiral staircases and I could not carry my son up them without my inhaler.

My mother told me I could not keep my inhaler close by for Thanksgiving dinner and I went to a Pulmonary Dr and got a peak flow meter and had two inhalers. I have no recollection of what they were, but will ask for a meter also.

Bonnie Sayers - Autism Editor

AUTISM site
I also have a couple of peak flow meters. I don't think i ever got over 300 even on a good day

Rosie L
Elephant
Elephant
i average about 420 on my peak flow when I am "good". When bad I am under 300 and above 200 LOL

Now I am on advair and singular

J. Ruel - Gay Lesbian News Editor

Check out the latest article on the Gay Lesbian SITE or Join us in the FORUM

Questions? Comments? Story Ideas? SUBMIT THEM HERE

Former Editor of the HIV/AIDS, HAIR, HISPANIC CULTURE, and GAY LESBIAN RELATIONSHIPS sites here on BellaOnline!

Moderated by  Sherry-Asthma 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:37 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:33 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:45 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:43 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.