Print Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
E
Parakeet
OP Offline
Parakeet
E
My cat is called Precious because that is exactly what she is! smile

We did think of calling her Mercedes but I could not envision calling out MERC! MERC! at the top of my voice at night!

Anyone else?

Last edited by Eng Culture Nicola Jane; 04/12/08 04:07 PM.

Nicola Jane Soen

Love is wisdom.

Sponsored Post Advertisement
B
Koala
Koala
B
Junior is the name of our cat. He is a tuxedo cat and looks like a combination of his Dad and Mom. The Dad was Stevie, and Mom is Sheera. The new five siblings are Oreo, Moon, Tabby, Star and Midnight. The sibling to Junior is Tommie Girl

Bonnie Sayers - Autism Editor

AUTISM site
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
Bumpkin;

Rosie L
Parakeet
Parakeet
We have Itty-Bitty-Kitty, Baby Grey, Maukey(a Tux),Jimmy G,
Friendly, Mr Tom & Lilly Black (the most extraordinarily
beautiful of them all)..she's coal black with a white star on her
chest..!! Oh, I forgot Tortey!! PS.. and we have new kittens
coming any day now..(Whew..)!! They got their names because each has a different personality..so they kind of named themselves..lol!!
wink

Last edited by shootingstar123; 04/12/08 05:38 PM.

shootingstar123

When you wish upon a star, makes no difference who you are, anything your heart desires will come to you.
Tiger
Tiger
My cat's name is Suzie. She told me that was her name when we met. Yes, I'm totally serious. I walked up to her at the pet store (just looking) and she was the only cat awake. She walked up to the window to check me out and instantly the name Suzie was telakaneased (sp?) into my head. smile

I had the shop lady put her on hold and went home to convince my husband I had to have her. We had only been married 2 months and I had brought my 16 year old cat into the marriage. We actually had a pretty big fight about it because he didn't think it was a good time to get another pet and he didn't think my reasons for wanting one were valid (I don't remember what they were).

I then had a crying fit and he "washed his hands from the decision". I dragged him back to the pet store, paid the lady $10 and said I'd pick her up the next day.

She was a farm kitty so I wanted to take her to the vet before bringing her home to the other cat. When I brought her home I bathed her in the bathroom sink (and survived) and she was all soft and fluffy afterwards.

It was a tough couple of weeks. She wasn't eating and turned out to have a tape worm (DISGUSTING). I never regretted my decision and can not imagine not having her. I think she helped a lot when the older cat had to be put down (18). I don't think I would have gotten another cat had I not got her when I did. He was by baby she's my princess. smile

A long reply for a short question. His name was Poohbear... that's another story.

BellaOnline Editor
BellaOnline Editor
Wow, that sounds like a lot of cat trauma!! It sounds like a good thing that you held firm to your desire smile

My older cat is named Hamlet. My younger one is named Juliet because Ophelia was a bit too depressing for a cat (although I suppose Juliet isn't much better wink )

Lisa Shea, Low Carb and Video Games Editor
Low Carb Forum
Elephant
Elephant
my cats are named:

Isabel Rachel (as in rachel welsh)
Azrael Marie
Samson James
Madeline Esmerelda (Maddie)

Since the cats are both mine and my roomies, we both chose names for our cats. That way they have a first and last name.

Other cats names we have had: Cleopatra Nile, Piper Anne, Jasper the friendly ghost, Pip Squeek, Maisie Lyn, Tinkerbell (Tinker Butt, Tinker [censored]), Smudge McKensie, Maximus Andreas (Maxxie), Squeek, Ruby... and we had all these in the last 8 years. They were all rescues/hospice cats except Cleo, Max and Piper.

J. Ruel - Gay Lesbian News Editor

Check out the latest article on the Gay Lesbian SITE or Join us in the FORUM

Questions? Comments? Story Ideas? SUBMIT THEM HERE

Former Editor of the HIV/AIDS, HAIR, HISPANIC CULTURE, and GAY LESBIAN RELATIONSHIPS sites here on BellaOnline!
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
I don't have any cats right now but out of my past kitties my two favorite names:

Gizmo - because he reminded me of Gizmo from the movie Gremlins

Whiz Bang - as a kitten he would run around and would not be able to stop, so he was always slamming into things!

We had a great big, orange cat named Angus - my father named him after my step-mother refused to use the name for my brother.

N
Parakeet
Parakeet
N
Our cat, Phoebe, was originally owned by my sister. When my sister married a guy who was allergic to cats, she brought the cat over to my parents' house and, well, left her there. Basically abandoned her. So Phoebe is now the family cat, but the name came from my sister, and I don't know how it was chosen.

Baby Name Blogger & Editor
Parakeet
Parakeet
The adorable fuzzball you see on the left is known primarily as "Beastie." When she was a small, starving stray kitten hanging out on the porch, talking about "feeding The Beast" was ironically funny. She grew up, and the irony in the name is completely gone. She's big enough now to deserve being called "The Beast" or "Beastie."

But her vet records show her name as "Lucy." We had some trouble deciding on a name when we finally decided to keep her. (Why it never occurred to us to use her already established nickname is beyond me.) Eventually, I gave up trying to think of something suitable. My fiance was petting and talking to her one afternoon, just a couple of days before we were scheduled to take her to the vet for the first time (so down to the wire on the decision) and just said "Lucy. I think her name is Lucy." So we kept it. She is called "Lucy" or "Lucy Cat" around the house sometimes, but mostly, she's just "Beastie."

(She has other nicknames, the most commonly used of which is "Kitten Face." Can you see the reason for that one?)

Happily Living The Childfree Life!
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  Melissa-Catholicism/Cats 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:37 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:33 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:45 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:43 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.