Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
L
Parakeet
Parakeet
L
Salem is an almost all black cat, he has a white patch on his belly and a few whisps under his arms. I have had a black cat since I was 14 and loved them all my life. The joke among my friends is that I am a witch so it seemed to make sense to name this black cat Salem.

My daughter named Rufus after Kimposible, a Disney cartoon. It fits him, he is fat and unflappable.

Tumnus is a white cat, long hair, pretty blue eyes. He can jump so high its like he is flying. It reminds me of how a fawn frolicks, so we named him after the fawn in The Chronicles of Narnia, The Lion Witch and the Wardrobe.

I have also adopted two cats that belonged to the Mother of a friend that I went to grade school with. Her Mother died of cancer in November. She rescued cats and at the time of her death, she had 9 of them. I now have Willow who is a grey tuxedo cat and Lacey who is a black tuxedo with long hair, both female. They arrived yesterday and have yet to settle in.

I thought about changing their names but for their original owner, I think they should stay the way they are. I love animals and it hurts my heart to see them upset but I know in time they will calm down.
They are rolly polly but smaller in bone structure then my boys so I am SO looking forward to when they feel more at ease. I have also been calling them my Boston kitties because thats where they came from. One of the sons of the woman who passed away brought them to me. My Boston girls have now retired in Florida.

Sponsored Post Advertisement
Zebra
Zebra
Black cat: Neo (My husband named him for the lead character in The Matrix. He wanted to name him Orpheus, but I protested too loudly!)

Orange tabby: Stewart (Again, my husband picked this name but it's brilliant. He chose this name because of Stewart's orange soda!)

L
Parakeet
Parakeet
L
I love names from the Matrix, I had thought about that as well.

S
Shark
Shark
S
Missy... a 10yr old silver chinchilla
Mookie...12yr old blue persian
Pagan...10yr old black persian
Merlin...13yr old black persian

Had them all since they were tiny. Their names just seemed to pop into my head when I looked at them!
Their names all suit them. Missy is a very snooty cat and figures that she is the only one with the right to sleep on my bed!
Mookie is very cuddly.
Pagan is very aloof and prefers to keep to herself.
Merlin is the cat that sits on the back of the sofa or chair and looks over my shoulder when I am reading or sewing!

Sikpiksie

A religious war is like two children fighting over who has the strongest imaginary friend!
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
Twilight, she is our Himalayan. she is creme and black sort of like the twilight sort of dawn as night leave. She is our inside cat. We had her mom and dad, they are gone now but she is still here. She will be 21 in August. born august 1987.

Trouble: our white beautiful cat we got from a farm when she was a kitten. Little fireball. Kids call her Snowflake, but I stick with Trouble. It fits her as she gets into trouble. Loves eating the wild rodent in field behind us and leaving us the discards at the door. Got her in 1997.

Babycat, which the kids called TigerLilly *dont ask me why* is my cat. Someone left her as a kitten on my door step on my birthday about 1995-96. I love her to death. She was my baby thus her name.

It is so sweet to see Babycat and Trouble snuggle up together in the house we made them on the carport. You can tell they love each other. Of course, Twilight won't have anything to do with anyone, She stays to herself. I dont' think we have much more time with her as she is slowing down.

Ebook: Getting Started in Genealogy

Tina Sansone
Ebook Manager
GENEALOGY Editor
Chipmunk
Chipmunk
My cat was named Belkar, after the character on Hill Street Blues. Unlike the show he lived to nearly 21 years of age.

per aspera ad astra: Through rough ways to the stars...

Chipmunk
Chipmunk
My cat was named Belkar, after the character on Hill Street Blues. Unlike the show he lived to nearly 21 years of age.

per aspera ad astra: Through rough ways to the stars...

Shark
Shark
Wraith is my kitty. She was found in the basement of a store and was so thin she was like a wraith. The name stuck.

Julie Fletcher
Cleaning Editor
J
Koala
Koala
J
My cats names aren't very imaginative. The kids named them all. One tho, a 12 year old tabby cat, they named Tatem after some movie character, I think. Anyway, now the kids are grown and Tatem was always "Tater" to me. He doesn't seem to mind the undignified name.

The other two are just Tommy and Max.

I used to have 2 cats I adopted from a poor lady who was losing her home. She had a brother and sister, 7 years old, who were Sampson and Delila. They became Sammy and DeeDee. They lived to be about 16 years old.

LML Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
We have 4 kitties (which some days I think is too many).
Jared is 12 yrs
Carmel is about 6 yrs
Mikey is 2.5 yrs (he's my picture over there)
Pixel is 2 yrs

Page 3 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  Melissa-Catholicism/Cats 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/17/24 03:33 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/16/24 09:30 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/16/24 07:04 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:23 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:03 PM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.