logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
C
C
I have two female Cornish Rex cats, Millie and Sailor.

Millie is short for Millicent; it's the only name DH and I could agree on at the time.
Sailor got her name from a line in a song that we both like.

They both go by various nicknames depending on our moods/their antics.
Millie: Mookers, Moo-bunny, Princess-prissy-paws, etc.
Sailor: Psycho-bunny, baby, the cuteness machine, Sassy, Sass-monkey

Sponsored Post Advertisement
BellaOnline Editor
Chimpanzee
BellaOnline Editor
Chimpanzee
We have 3 cats

Shadow - originally named because she is part siamese, part tabby - and the stripes are just bare shadings - shadows. But then her personality really fits, too. She's terribly shy, will not come out at all if non-family member are in the house, and only lets hubby, myself, and just recently my 16 yr old pet her. She's starting to warm up to 10 yr old daughter, because she's very patient and loving - but tuns in terror if the 5 yr old even appears at the doorway. She's our oldest, but meekest.

Mischief She's the middle cat in age, the smallest in size - yet the queen of the household. She is incurably curious, and is always sneaking into things. Especially if we leave any food on the countertop. The funny thing is - she "announces" her bad intentions with this horrible "mrowing" noise - so we always know when she is about to get into something.

Trouble Youngest cat, but the biggest (weighs almost 16 lbs - she's huge!) She's also the only one with all of her claws, but is completely cowed by Mischief who is half her size. When she was a kitten, and we first brought her home from the shelter, she loved to hide under the couch or bed and jump out and attack our feet. Now she sets up home at night on MY bed and pitches a fit if I try to move her when I go to bed.

Michelle Taylor
Marriage Editor
S
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
S
I have two cats - Tenzin and Mei-Ying - both Siamese and both hilarious. We always say that we get at least one good laugh every day because of something they've done!

Tenzin is named after the Dalai Lama (apparently "Tenzin" is a very common name in Tibet) and Mei-Ying means 'lovely/dainty' and she is certainly both of those things.

The funniest thing that Tenzin has done lately was to put his head in the opening of an empty Kleenex box and parade around the house like a Hammerhead Cat till he was released.

He is just too much. They have severe cat-titude ... :>

Sue Moore,Blues and Jazz Editor.

Blues and Jazz Website
Blues and Jazz Forum
C
Parakeet
Parakeet
C
My 2 are both longhaired and are littermates; Smokey, the dilute tortie (All right, every third cat is named Smokey, I know, I know, but when I first saw her she was 4 weeks old and looked like a little puff of grey smoke) and Oliver, the black male. He was named for Oliver Twist because he was the smallest in the litter and totally intimidated by his siblings. He seemed like a little orphan kitty.
They are both 7 now, Smokey has been my buddy from the first but Oliver took years to learn to trust after having been beaten up so much by his brother during his first weeks of life. I learned a lot about how to treat him from Temple Grandin's book on animal behavior. It took several years of gentle loving care but he finally learned to cuddle up, purr and let me brush him without going into orbit.

R
Gecko
Gecko
R
My aunt's cat is named Todd. My cousin's youngest daughter named him after a fox in a Disney movie.

C
Shark
Shark
C
My cat is a tuxedo kitty and I rescued him from the street. He was small, hungry, and weak when I found him. I nursed him back to health and gave him a loving home. He is now 2 years old (I mistakenly said he was three years on another thread - temporary insanity I guess!? ha ha) happy, healthy, and totally spoiled! Since he was rescued and given a loving home, I gave him the name Lucky -- As in...he was "Lucky" I found him :-)

How can you prove whether at this moment we are sleeping, and all our thoughts are a dream; or whether we are awake, and talking to one another in the waking state?
-- Plato --
Gecko
Gecko
My fuzzbutt is Mr. Mojo, aka Lil' Butt, aka Brat. wink A co-worker of my guy had two cats and spayed/neutered them after one litter that consisted of Mr. Mojo and his brother, both of them look just like their mom (black and white). The place wasn't that nice, I don't think I'm bragging when I say that he has a much better home than he probably would have gotten if he went with someone else. Poor guy was flea-infested, had worms, and was sooooo tiny. (baby video!)
BellaOnline ALERT: Raw URLs are not allowed in these forums for security reasons. Please use UBB code. If you don't know how to do UBB code just post here for help - we will help out!

W
Shark
Shark
W
Scampurr is our female tabby.
ChaseSir is our grey boy.
Cause she scamps everywhere and he chases her or the other way around.

WestCoastDenise
West Coast Travel Site & Forum

Shark
Shark
We have 4 cats:
Nikki Grace - whose original name was Dominique because my husband thought she would wind up dominating the rest of the pets (she didn't). I told him that was way too much name for such a little kitten. Her middle hame came because she is such a klutz. All our girl animals have middle names, but the boys don't. We haven't figured out why yet.
Next in the cat department is Blizzard - who got his name because of being white and I pretty much knew what the furniture would look like when he started to shed...and I was right.
Then there is Sophie Marie - she and her littermate brother Harvey were adopted together, but Harvey died after only two years in our home of liver failure that came out of nowhere. Sophie has never been the same since her buddy died.
Last, but not least, is Sonny - who we thought would add some sunshine to our depressed home, but has turned out to be a kleptomaniac! He is a Turkish Angora mix that's tail is always in full bushy mode!

There are also two dogs who share our home. I honestly don't know how anyone lives in a home without pets. How boring their life must be!

Kathi
F
Amoeba
Amoeba
F
We have two cats. The first one is Pico de Gato. My mom actually came up with the name. We now just call him Pico or P. He's a gray and white domestic short hair with green eyes. Our other cat is named Zaphod Beeblebrox, as in the president of the universe from the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy. We named him that because he's got two heads. Not literally of course, but he has a split personality. One minute he's the sweetest, softest love bug and the next, he's a holy terror, running around, biting, scratching. He's a Bombay so you can imagine the strong personality. We usually just call him Z.

Last edited by Froggy_Moo; 04/14/08 04:25 PM.
Page 2 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  Melissa-Catholicism/Cats 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/26/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/26/24 04:27 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/26/24 02:20 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/25/24 07:21 PM
Review of Boost Your Online Brand: Make Creative A
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/25/24 07:04 PM
Mother's Day Gift Ideas to Sew
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/24/24 06:08 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.