Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
BellaOnline Editor
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
OK here I am wanting to go do my yoga workout, but Hamlet is curled up against me and I don't want to disturb him. Is it silly for me to be stuck on the couch with my laptop because of a cat? smile

Lisa Shea, Low Carb and Video Games Editor
Low Carb Forum
Sponsored Post Advertisement
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
I read the title and had to check out this post. I'm glad to hear someone else caters to the cat. I am often stuck somewhere because the cat is comfortable.

R
Gecko
Gecko
R
My aunt does that, too - stays in her chair until she really really has to "go".....

BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Well now I am even more stuck. Now Hamlet is up against my hip (I am sitting sideways on the couch and he is on the inside of me) and Juliet is down against my feet. So now both cats are using me as a human pillow / heat rock ...

Low Carb Forum
BellaOnline Editor
BellaOnline Editor
I am the same way with cats. the funny thing is that with dogs I just move them over and get up.

Is that species-ist or what?

Elephant
Elephant
i have that happen with my cat and my chihuahua

J. Ruel - Gay Lesbian News Editor

Check out the latest article on the Gay Lesbian SITE or Join us in the FORUM

Questions? Comments? Story Ideas? SUBMIT THEM HERE

Former Editor of the HIV/AIDS, HAIR, HISPANIC CULTURE, and GAY LESBIAN RELATIONSHIPS sites here on BellaOnline!
S
Shark
Shark
S
I can't make my bed in the morning until Missy decides to get up, and now that winter is well and truly on it's way, she often doesn't decide to get up until lunch time!

Sikpiksie

A religious war is like two children fighting over who has the strongest imaginary friend!
B
Parakeet
Parakeet
B
I do the same thing with making my bed. I have 2 cats and if one is curled up on the bed, I don't bother him. Not that he doesn't get plenty of sleep-lol.

I have one cat who doesn't often curl up on my lap, so when he does, I don't move either.

Amoeba
Amoeba
I have no problem moving Luna so that I can get up.....however, if one of my dogs is sleeping on my lap, I usually stay there until they wake up. (They're Great Danes so in actuality I'm sort of "pinned" when they decide to nap across my lap) lmao

C
Parakeet
Parakeet
C
I will move Smokey if she is curled up in my favorite chair, but I do gently put her into her nearby basket where she is content to stay.
I don't make the bed if either cat is fast asleep in it, though.

L
Shark
Shark
L
I just used the 'other' bathroom (the one for guests that has none of my stuff in it...)because my 11 yr old Norwegian Forest Cat, Magick, was sitting on the toilet seat to keep cool in the bathroom in my bedroom. He has always been persnickety when it comes to being touched too much and lately he is paranoid that everytime I look at him I want to pet him...which is usually true! He has also recently developed a fascination for looking in the sink and bathtub, I have no idea why and it creeps me out a little bit---I keep thinking something with lots of legs is going to be crawling out of the drain...

Se non potete resistere al calore, allora esca dalla MIA cucina.
LadyLvsNyt
S
Shark
Shark
S
Te he he he he! If we are going to give our cats names like Magick, Pagan, Witches (I had a cat named that many years ago) and suchlike, I suppose we really should expect them to behave a bit oddly from time to time!

Sikpiksie

A religious war is like two children fighting over who has the strongest imaginary friend!
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
Lisa, I don't find it strange at all. Many years ago, my cat was sharing my single bed with me (or rather, she was permitting me to lie on a sliver of edge) and I fell out. As I got up off the floor, she was peering over the edge with that whole "stupid human" look.

In order save face, I went to the bathroom so that she would think that was how I always got out of bed.

I have always had this horrible feeling that I didn't fool her one little bit!

Megan McConnell
Shark
Shark
LOL, it's so nice to know there are lots of other pet servants out there! I don't feel so alone. grin

I have proudly served as many as 23 cats in my life and now a big silly dog.

I think when our pet is sleeping, it looks so peaceful, content, and not to mention irresistibly cuuuuuute!! Lisa, I second for staying stuck with your cat!

Last edited by Cara-Philosophy; 10/14/08 03:27 AM.
A
A
You are lucky you can keep peace between two cats on your lap at the same time. I have a new cat Chloe, and she won't let anyone else on my lap when she is there. I try to keep her from it, but she invariably bites them so they will run away. She is the same way with my bed. She sleeps with me, and if either one of my other two cats get on the bed, she runs them off. I guess she thinks I am her private property. It's funny too because she is the new comer in the bunch, and isn't completely grown yet. But in her mind she thinks she is a fierce tiger. Mary Jo

K
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
K
I do the same thing. My cat is a "lapcat" and he loves sitting on everyone and anyone's lap. Unfortunately he will stay there for hours so its often hard to get up.

Chipmunk
Chipmunk
I'm so glad I'm not the only kitty caterer...I have 3 that like to curl up with me in bed. At night I can barley move my legs if I need to get up because I don't want to disturb them. My Simba likes to lay on me when I watch TV and many times I watch something I'm not crazy abaout because he's sleeping so sweetly and I don't want to disturb him.

Granny
Thousands of years ago cats were considered Gods
Cats have never forgotten this.
P
P
Oh my gosh I have done every single one of the things mentioned here. Usually because I don't want to disturb, but more often because I absolutely LOVE the feel of the cat on top of me. I especially like it when I am laying on my side and he decides to stretch out the length of my thigh, hip, and waist area. It feels so comforting to me. I usually end up falling back to sleep when I really should have been getting up.

BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
OK it's happened again. I was on the couch working on my laptop and Hamlet jumped up onto my lap and laid across both of my arms! What was he thinking! Now my fingers were pinned against the keyboard and I couldn't do anything. So I just waited there for 10 minutes until he decided to go get some food.

Now he's back and wedged against my side so I'm trying to type at an angle. This is really silly smile

Low Carb Forum
BellaOnline Editor
BellaOnline Editor
LOLs, that's pretty cute. Hamlet so owns you.

BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Part of it is he is 14 and really "old" - I realize other cats are older but he's very out of shape and it's aged him a lot. So I am very tender with him now. In the old days I'd just push him off the bed if I needed to but now I'd worry about him getting hurt so I'm very careful with him.

Low Carb Forum
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Melissa-Catholicism/Cats 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.