logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Parakeet
Parakeet
My house is a log cabin therefore my walls are cedar ....works for me...although we did paint the walls in the kitchen/living room area a buttery yellow and the walls around the spiral staircase are red/yellow/green plaid...the bathroom down there has antique fishing lure wallpaper with a fresh water types of fish on a wide border that is around the bottom rather than the top of the room with a plaid edge that matches the other plaid...

If you want to know what God thinks of money, just look at the people he gave it to.
Dorothy Parker
Sponsored Post Advertisement
BellaOnline Editor
Chimpanzee
BellaOnline Editor
Chimpanzee
Originally Posted By: BexLA
Everything in the bathroom is grey - counter, tub, shower tiles, and toilet. It's leftover from the previous owner, and we really don't want to redo the entire room.

I did an undersea theme in our children's bathroom. I painted the walls this light turqoise color then wnet back and sponged on an opal overlay. Then the fixtures in there are grey and silver.

We got a big painting og colorful clown fish, and rug, wastebasket adn accesories to match. Their shower does not let in much light, so the curtain is clear with tropical fish for hooks.

It is very cheerful in there now. (If i could ever get my daughter to keep it clean!)

Michelle Taylor
Marriage Editor
H
H
:omm i am painting my bedroom...a blue green...i like the color green...but different shades...loud greens..like limes or anything close to that...i cannot work with....so what accent colors or curtains....would work well with this color..ijust need an idea....thank you...for your..input..

BellaOnline Editor
Chimpanzee
BellaOnline Editor
Chimpanzee
What if you went with a Peacock blue type color? You know that deep-deep teal. That would pull the blues out of the paint more and make the room very peaceful.

Actually, you could just go get a peacock feather and look at all the jewel tones that are in it. Any would probably be lovely. It just dependes on whether you are wanting a color to be more coordinating or to contrast.

Michelle Taylor
Marriage Editor
A
A
all the 4 walls are a barley white and the ceiling white in color. as of now, maroon carpet for the flooring. planning to change the carpet in a week or 2

Last edited by BellaOnline; 03/01/09 09:04 PM.
BellaOnline Editor
Chimpanzee
BellaOnline Editor
Chimpanzee
Originally Posted By: ChelleLaunch&Spirituality
What if you went with a Peacock blue type color? You know that deep-deep teal. That would pull the blues out of the paint more and make the room very peaceful.

Actually, you could just go get a peacock feather and look at all the jewel tones that are in it. Any would probably be lovely. It just dependes on whether you are wanting a color to be more coordinating or to contrast.

After I made this suggestion to hmarie, the idea just kind of stuck with me. We are getting ready to redo my daughter's bedroom, and I asked her what she thought about this - and she loved it! We went and got a peacock feather from Hobby Lobby and then took it to Home Depot with us to pick out color swatches. We are going to do a deep teal color for the main color (Tropical Waters) and accent with jewel tone green (Chlorophyll) and purple (Exotic Purple), and sponge on some of the gold for highlights.

I love painting rooms! Soon there won't be a white wall in my house. grin

Michelle Taylor
Marriage Editor
Light gray, black and red. Yes it sounds rediculous, but it turned out rather lovely. It started out with some poppy red vintage brocade drapes that keep the light out for my hubby. Then I inherited medievil renaissance decor from my mother (from the 70's), and it just took off from there. It is very romantic believe it or not. My only problem is the bed is lacking, with the drapes being such a thick fabric - the cotton bedspread looks "weak" and as any decorator knows trying to match red is a headache!!!!! I had a velvet bedspread which helped with balance but my hubby hates taking it off every night. ( I don't know why, it's not like he makes the bed! lol)

Amoeba
Amoeba
Our walls are off white, all of them in the house right now, but we just moved and I have not had time to worry about painting as of yet. I want our bedroom walls to be a soft cocoa color. There is some wallpaper in the house, but it is old, faded, and quite possible left over from the seventies... and really needs to go away. I am working on the kitchen right now, first and foremost, as that is the family "center". It is also where friends tend to gather when they come over.

BellaOnline Editor
Amoeba
BellaOnline Editor
Amoeba
Multiple shades of purple: 12 inch horizontal purple and creme stripes, pale lavendar drapes and deep purple comforter and euro pillows.

L
Amoeba
Amoeba
L
ooh yummy, Lisa. I used to have a purple car, a VW big. I would love a purple room, I think my heart would just burst if I had a room like that.

My bedroom was supposed to be a tannish color called "covered wagon" but instead it looks like peach to me, I hate it. The trim is supposed to be a glossy off-white, but I ran out of painter's tape and it's dark green. I intend to fix it once we're done unpacking. it all goes well with my forest green/gold comforter set. I should just go all purple on him, huh. My husband would hate it. I should tell him it turns me on, maybe then he wouldn't mind.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.