Page 1 of 2 1 2
L
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
L
So, I got rid of the paper calendar and went electronic. It's been great but I feel less organized.

It's harder to look at a day at a time - especially when I'm away from my computer and my phone is a small screen.

But, it's also hard to do anything at a monthly glance. I feel like I used this often on paper - to see where my children were off of school, to see when after school activities ended and/or to see which days were "free" days.

I'm wondering if anyone else survived the transition and how you got on top of everything again.

Lisa Pinkus

Moms Site
Sponsored Post Advertisement
J
Koala
Koala
J
I just can't get into electronic calendars at all. I need to be able to just glance at my calendar and add something any time, without having to be at the computer or look up said calendar.

We have a calendar hanging in our kitchen that everything goes onto and everyone can look at it to see what's going on.

I think for offices, such as where my husband works, it's nice to have electronic ones. Everybody in his office can add to it, like meetings, when they will be gone, etc, and everyone else has access to it.

Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
I'm a paper calendar my self, mine is hanging in my kitchen right near the phone! convenience for me

Rosie L
L
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
L
oy! back to paper?
I like paper and I like writing... what was I thinking? smile

Lisa Pinkus

Moms Site
BellaOnline Editor
BellaOnline Editor
I don't think it's one or the other. I keep an online calendar (with outlook) for things to pop up like "trash and bottles tomorrow" or other time related events. It keeps me on track and alerted to upcoming things I have to prepare for.

But I also keep 3 months of calendar hanging right by my desk. That way when I glance at it each morning I know what is coming up for me to prepare for - and if someone calls with an idea to do something, I can glance and see if that day is free.

So they serve two different purposes, and both are important to my overall organization smile

Lisa Shea, Low Carb and Video Games Editor
Low Carb Forum
Koala
Koala
My outlook calendar feeds into both my cell phone and my PDA (I haven't yet migrated to one of the all inclusive phone/PDA gadgets). It helps me with overall organization as I'm managing calendars for multiple people and paper just can't cope.

The only time I use a paper calendar now is for academic planning purposes. That's it.

S
Gecko
Gecko
S
You would think I'm computer illiterate because I don't keep an online calendar, but when it comes to daily schedules I have to use the fridge calendar that faces my sink. I'm a very visual person and have be able to write things down and cross them off in front of my face where I spend the most amount of time - my kitchen. smile

BellaOnline Editor
BellaOnline Editor
That's interesting, Bob does the cooking here so I'm rarely in my kitchen smile But the one on my desk serves the same purpose, I'm at my desk all day long!

A paper calendar is great for planning, but an alarm-clock timer is extremely useful too for the "you have to leave in 15 minutes for dinner" sorts of alerts. Paper isn't very good at that smile

Lisa Shea, Low Carb and Video Games Editor
Low Carb Forum
A
Chimpanzee
Chimpanzee
A
Thunderbird has a new addon - a calendar program. There is a daily view or a monthly view. There is a tasks module.

S
Amoeba
Amoeba
S
I use a paper and an electronic calendar. The paper calendar is mostly for my personal appts, meetings, birthdays, etc. I have to keep that one in my purse. The electronic calendar is mostly for work related items - project deadlines, meetings, etc. It has taken me a while to get used to using the electronic one but I like it now.

I've also started making to-do lists and my grocery lists online using the Scott Common Sense site. They have some great tools that are super useful. Does anyone else use this?

Last edited by BellaOnline; 11/10/08 12:28 AM.
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  KellyJayne - Organization 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.