Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#400518 03/29/08 11:36 PM
Shark
OP Offline
Shark
Anyone interested in doing a forum based role playing game?

Since we're all busy folks, it'd have to be fairly casual, with the GM having your character do something reasonable if you're not able to get your actions posted in a reasonable amount of time.

I'm not a prolific writer myself, so we wouldn't be looking for pages of text, just simple descriptions of what your character is doing.

If there's interest, I can come up with a scenario in pretty much any genre, so let me know what your preferences are.

Sponsored Post Advertisement
Gecko
Gecko
Oooh....

That's how I learned to RP! Actually, it was free-form and we wrote pages of text... >.> It was a Vampire: the Masquerade type setting.

That may fun, though!

Kryssie Mackey

Jilly:
"[Kryssie] plans to take over the world one banner at a time"
Gecko
Gecko
Sure, I'd be up for a game. My preference would be something...Not drama-ridden.

Shark
Shark
Oooh. I love RPG's and have done them through email on forums, and in real-time chat. I'd for up for it!

Amoeba
Amoeba
I'm game

Fool to the Queen of stories * Student of FuFu * Evil l5r GM
Male*Cute*Young Looking*Little Philosopher

"For the Queen of stories"

Shark
OP Offline
Shark
Sounds like we have enough to go ahead with this...so, something not drama ridden.

How about if I describe two settings, and everyone votes on which one they'd rather do. Or if neither is attractive, suggest an alternate setting.

Setting 1: It's the 1920s. The Great War is behind us, and everything looks great. Technology was given a big boost by the war, and hardly a day goes by when you don't see passenger and freight dirigibles in the sky. Submarines ply the depths of the ocean, and now and then, some misguided scientist turns his genius against the world. Pulp adventure.

Setting 2: The Empire controls all of the civilized world through its military force and magical expertise. So the misfits, outcasts, explorers, and visionaries come to the island of Artesia. Separated from the Empire by a mountain range filled with goblins, orcs, and other nasties, Artesia is the last frontier in a rapidly taming world. The only other city near is the coastal city of Triumph, situated on a peninsula north of Artesia. Triumph carries too much of the traditions of the Empire for most Artesians, and tends to dominate trade with the Empire. Heroic fantasy, combination of urban and wilderness settings.

Shark
Shark
Hmmm - I'd vote for #2.

Jellyfish
Jellyfish
I like 2 as well. I'm in.

Lynn Little
Board Games
Shark
OP Offline
Shark
Sounds like heroic fantasy it is, unless everyone else chimes in for pulp adventure. I'll post some ground rules, and we'll get started. It'll be a structured freeform, if that makes any sense...I'll describe it more in the ground rules post.

Shark
OP Offline
Shark
I just posted the ground rules...I'll wait a bit to do the PC roster thread and the first scene opening, to see if we have a change of genre.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Leif - Role Playing Games 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.