Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
#401144 03/31/08 02:56 PM
Jellyfish
OP Offline
Jellyfish
I know this has been brought up before, but MAN, it grosses me out when people (especially unattractive ones, because let's face it, that's even less appealing) tell me they are "trying"!!!!!

GROSS!!!!!!! Do you think that's cute because you want to have a baby and anything baby-related is beautiful and wonderful and miraculous and special?

Well, I'm here to tell you that I don't wanna know when you and your disgusting partner are bumping uglies*!!!!

*Sorry, that is an INCREDIBLY vulgar expression, but really... that's what it is, why is it cuter when it's called "trying"?????

Simone de Beauvoir dismissed motherhood as, "...'a strange mixture of narcissism, altruism, idle daydreaming, sincerity, bad faith, devotion and cynicism."

Sponsored Post Advertisement
Parakeet
Parakeet
Why don't they just say what it really sounds like to me:

"Hey, everyone! We're F***ing! Without birth control of ANY kind! Aren't you proud of us?"

*crickets*

*crickets*

*crickets*

C
Gecko
Gecko
C
I couldn't agree more. I do not want to know this. TMI.

"The world might be considerably poorer if the great writers had exchanged their books for children of flesh and blood." ~Virginia Woolfe
K
Shark
Shark
K
Ewww...that grosses me out too. Another thing that grosses me out is when people tell you their date of conception. Some acquaintances of ours just told us they were pregnant and they both excitedly said "our date of conception was xx". So of course my DH and I both said later that you can't help but immediately envision what was happening on that particular date for those two. Totally not a visual we wanted to see! And even worse, as pinecone hilariously pointed out, this couple is not very attractive either!

the only thing i want to parent is my great dane!
Parakeet
Parakeet
Trying To Conceive == TTC.

The real abbreviation of what they are doing:

F****** Under Covers = FUC

smile smile smile smile

MUCH more humorous smile

Parakeet
Parakeet
Almost wants me to say what has been said before:

"Congratulations! You are now doing what rats do on a daily basis." smile

L
Koala
Koala
L
One thing that has always grossed me out is the knowledge that once I was married, my parents KNEW I was having sex.

I don't want people to know. Call me prude, I don't care. I think that kind of stuff should be kept private.

B
B
So true:~)

Brandi Magill is an aspiring writer, wife, and mother of two. She enjoys educating and empowering women to live a healthy lifestyle! To connect with Brandi visitBellaOnline ALERT: Raw URLs are not allowed in these forums for security reasons. Please use UBB code. If you don't know how to do UBB code just post here for help - we will help out!
Parakeet
Parakeet
I understand the feeling. It is one of those things that people just don't think about -- which is why WE think about it.

Anything done behind closed doors -- whatever it is, whenever it is, what is said, etc -- should be known only between the two people involved. There is a reason why such things are called "intimate acts" -- they are meant for the most private of audiences -- just the participants themselves! It should not be broadcast to the entire world -- be it family, friends, or random people who are in earshot of those "announcements."

When you do think about it, it is an oogie feeling. No, you are not being a prude at all! Sometimes, being "old fashioned" has its advantages, IMO.

C
Gecko
Gecko
C
I totally agree, Ingilbert, Duane & Brandi. My sex life is private and i don't want to know about yours either.

However, when I hear someone say, "We're trying!!!" I think to myself, "How sad that they have to try. We succeeed every time." Snerk. wink Too bad I don't have the guts to say it. (You give me a little TMI, I think I should be able to give it right back.)

Anyone remember the show Mad About You with Helen Hunt? There was an episode where she and the hubby decided they were ready for kids, so they went around and told everyone (very excitedly) "We're trying!" and wondered why the people they told were not as excited as they were. I was really squicked out by it because it wasn't just part of the conversation, they made a trip to see (I think it was) their parents for the sole purpose of making the announcement. Their parents weren't even sure what to say in reply. I wouldn't know either.

The hubby and I thought it was really weird and kinda gross. I'm glad we're not the only people who think so.

Last edited by Cherry Red; 03/31/08 04:15 PM.

"The world might be considerably poorer if the great writers had exchanged their books for children of flesh and blood." ~Virginia Woolfe
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.