Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
What do you think of Jennifer Lopez's decision not to even attempt to breastfeed her twins. Here's my thoughts at

Jennifer Lopez Not Breastfeeding Sets Bad Example

What's your opinion?

Nicki Heskin, Breastfeeding and Early Childhood Editor
Breastfeeding Site - Breastfeeding Forum
Early Childhood Site - Early Childhood Forum
Sponsored Post Advertisement
A
A
I agree with you, Nicki. Breastfeeding or formula feeding is a personal choice and should be respected as such. However, for Jennifer to insinuate that she chose formula because it is "best" for her babies is really an unfortunate choice. She could have elaborated OR said that it is what works best for her family, but she didn't, instead she claims to have done research and have concluded from it that formula is better than breastmilk. I like that you include her animal rights issues and comments in your article. Apparently Jennifer does not know how to do research! I was also disappointed with the magazine for the picture they included of the babies being bottlefed formula with Jennifer and Marc so happy and carefree. They had plenty of happy and carefree pictures - they didn't have to highlight this aspect in such a way. What an awful impression to leave for her fans!

All the best,
anythingforbaby
N
N
Haven't read People in years, the only magazines I seem to get around to are Mothering and Real Simple (lol). I don't know what came before or after the People comment. I don't know if "them" refers to the babies, Jennifer and the babies or the family in general. Don't know if she meant "best" biologically (doubtful)for the babies, or "best" emotionally for her. I can't assume but if I did, it would be in the best light possible. Maybe it's best for their family. Meaning - that the stress of breastfeeding (my experience although I went on to successfully breastfeed for 22 months),combined with having twins (CANNOT imagine), regardless of the help you have can be overwhelming and she *couldn't* do it. Maybe she did try for a few days but stopped out of frustration and pain and didn't want to share that personal agony in an article. Unfortunately, since the article was about the babies, it's kind of difficult to talk around this issue and not take a stand - taking a stand in this instance seems to be just responding to a question. Being a mommy is hard. Being a mommy in a culture that is so critical of how we screw up as mommies is even harder. I would love to see articles (plural here) on how we should encourage and educate boys and men on how to become more supportive husbands and fathers so they in fact can be that crucial voice and support a new mom needs to start and continue breastfeeding. My husband was my absolute rock. My daughter and I are very fortunate that we had that support those first days when it was soooooo needed.

B
Koala
Koala
B
I skimmed through the photos the other day at Rite Aid since the lady pointed it out to me. That gal Chelsey Lately on E! last nite was saying they got 6 million for those pics and she was saying how phoney it all looked.

I did a google search since I was curious to see if Julia Roberts had breastfed her twins and found this article that says she did and so did or does Marcia Cross and Patrick Dempsey's wife - all had twins.

BellaOnline ALERT: Raw URLs are not allowed in these forums for security reasons. Please use UBB code. If you don't know how to do UBB code just post here for help - we will help out!

Bonnie Sayers - Autism Editor

AUTISM site
B
Shark
Shark
B
I guess my thoughts on this are I respect her decision. I had the choice when my kids were born and my opinion was the reason I chose bottlefeeding was that I didn't want something latched onto my nipple time after time. LOL

But I found that when I bottlefed both mine, they grew up very healthy and never had any ear infections etc.
We never had any problems with either of them. That was our choice. I know that some women choose to breastfeed and that is their choice and I fully respect that but it was not something for me, so I can understand where Jennifer is coming from with her decision regardless of the reasons for it.

Parakeet
Parakeet
Originally Posted By: anythingforbaby
However, for Jennifer to insinuate that she chose formula because it is "best" for her babies is really an unfortunate choice. She could have elaborated OR said that it is what works best for her family, but she didn't, instead she claims to have done research and have concluded from it that formula is better than breast milk. I like that you include her animal rights issues and comments in your article. Apparently Jennifer does not know how to do research!

I really want to agree with you here, Bonnie! But you can find evidence to support anything you like if you look in the right places. It may be that JL really didn't want to breastfeed and found data to support what she wanted to hear. It probably isn't hard to do!

Shay

B
Koala
Koala
B
That was not my post you referred to. I did not breastfeed either of my kids and did not try. It was not really presented to me and not something I looked into further.

Bonnie Sayers - Autism Editor

AUTISM site
L
Koala
Koala
L
Wouldn't it be nice if mothers could make their own decisions without other mothers criticizing them? After all, it's a personal choice, isn't it? And it doesn't affect anyone but her family. So does it really matter what she decides to do and why she decides to do it?

Anyone with half a brain isn't going make parenting decisions based on what the "stars" are doing, so I wouldn't worry about her "role model status" too much.

Last edited by lngilbert; 03/30/08 07:02 PM.
J
J
Hi there,Im pretty new here but felt the need to respond. I did not breast feed either of my sons. I bottle fed them with the most beautiful connection........I looked into their eyes and kissed and kissed them...smelled their sweet scent. I will forever remember the bond we shared. To this day, my sons now 27 and 16 are happy , healthy, close and loved. Personal choice and both are wonderful. I love the USA, freedom.

Parakeet
Parakeet
Originally Posted By: Bonnie, Autism Editor
That was not my post you referred to. I did not breastfeed either of my kids and did not try. It was not really presented to me and not something I looked into further.

I'm so sorry, Bonnie! Somehow I got the wrong name in there! It was anythingforbaby's quote that I was referring to. Nothing personal, just a "woops."

Again, so sorry... blush

Shay

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.