Print Thread
A
Andie Offline OP
Amoeba
OP Offline
Amoeba
A
Hi everyone!

I want to plunge back into scrapbooking and recently attended a creative memories (CM) trade show. I didn't go the CM way when I first started scrapping but I've since found a consultant that I connect with, whose focus seems to be helping me conquer the piles of things I want to do (instead of selling me stuff. she even said to just bring the non-CM stuff that I have and she'll get me started).

Does anyone have experience with this kind of software, CM or otherwise? Or with printing the books? I'm finding it hard to get any reviews on the internet, and what I do find seems more like a sales pitch. CM is more expensive but I've heard it's better quality.

Thanks!

Andie

Anyway at the trade show I saw demo's of the CM software for organizing photos (memory manager) and for digital scrapbooking, making a coffee table-type book.

Sponsored Post Advertisement
J
J
I have to say,

first... I sell Creative Memories as a consultant. I have for a year now. I used to store all my photos just on my laptop under "my pictures". I have stored my photos on CM products just starting late summer. WOW, am I impressed. Why did I take so long to change over?... honestly, I knew it would be too easy! I liked the method I was in, and I knew I would try to make it too much work changing my method. But I didn't know that it would not be easy to make it a hard job to transform into a new method.

second... HONEST, my mother'in'law called me today and told me she was working on storing, sharing and fixing pictures with her copy of the same Creative Memories Program. She said, "This is the easiest program to use. I know because I have used several!" WOW, she made my day! grin

third... I have made two storybooks for my family. I have made three or four for friends of mine!!! I will say, that my friends have told me when they get caught up to where they have all digital and no more film photos... they will change over to CM storybooks! Some have already started. I have the same plan. (Maybe I can be there by the end of the year!?)

fourth... I am not exaggerating when I say I LOVE to craft, take photos, be organized within my crafts, and I love crafting parties!!!

Hope this helps out!

Rose

A
Andie Offline OP
Amoeba
OP Offline
Amoeba
A
Thanks for your reply Rose! I especially appreciate you being straight up about being a CM consultant, and why you chose to "change over" to some of the programs.

I think I really want the organization edge of the CM photo storage software - whether I end up using it, or Photoshop or whatever to edit pics, the storage system just seemed really good at the trade show. (I must admit I haven't seen any others).

I have more to think through on the Storybook end of things. I love the finished product. There are a few other services out there that do something like it, and appear to be less expensive. It could be that their product is a lower quality, or it might be fine for what I need. It seems like CM would make their $ in the actual printed books \since the software isn't that costly. (about $50 ish I think). So, if I made that investment and a year later wanted to try something else, it probalby wouldn't cost me that much to change over anyway.

and the big thing is - I absolutely love the more artsy scrapbooking look BUT I haven't progressed in so long. That is where CM seems to really help out. Maybe int he end I can find a way of learning the CM way of how to go faster and add a bit more in the way of embellishments or the kind of style I like best.

Again I really appreciate your reply!

Andie

J
J
I forgot to mention that in the Memory Manager Program there is a GREAT editing manager to fix up all your pics. So you will have all you need. I have compared with my friend's program, she watches me fix pics for her and they turn out GREAT. OLD and NEW pics. Very easy and fast to learn too. The program comes with tutorials built right in. Then your consultant should be able to answer questions, then there is tutorials on the net for more teachings and there is also (when you stump your consultant) you can also contact CM directly to help you with your questions! (or atleast your consultant can).

My friend wishes she bought my program first before she bought what she did!!! (She is nearly won over with no comments from me to have her change, she just sits next to me and watches what I do here and there!)

Rose

Enjoy what you choose!

A
A
Andie, try Smilebooks. I recommend this from personal experience. I searched the web and didn't find what I was looking for. Then one day my friend told me about Smilebooks and guess what? I am really impressed with the quality and customization they provide, all at an affordable price. I think you should try it .Here is the link [url=http://www.smilebooks.com/photo-book-prices.php]http://www.smilebooks.com/photo-book-prices.php[/url]

Last edited by amos; 01/28/09 03:54 AM.
E
eye Offline
E
Andie, I have to agree with Rose. Memory Maager and Story Book Creator are great programs and the great thing is they belong to you. There's no worry that someone can get into your computer like some of the Net ones. I know they all have passwords ect but with these programs like I said they are YOURS. I'm not a computer savy person and these are very easy to use. They walk you through everything. And I'll fess up, I'm a consultant too' but I do have friends who have tried some other programs and the quality and ease of ordering your book is better with creative memories.

V
V
I have to say, I haven't tried either. I use PSCS3 to do my digi layouts. I have also used ArtsCow for my books and am very pleased with the outcome, the shipping prices, and the turn-around time.

Moderated by  M McVaney - Scrapbooking 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:37 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:33 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:45 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:43 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.