Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
BellaOnline Editor
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
We knew it! Kirstie has left Jenny Craig - and now she's going to have her OWN brand of weight loss products. I wonder what her "theme" will be!!

BellaOnline ALERT: Raw URLs are not allowed in these forums for security reasons. Please use UBB code. If you don't know how to do UBB code just post here for help - we will help out!

Lisa Shea, Low Carb and Video Games Editor
Low Carb Forum
Sponsored Post Advertisement
BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
While I'm at it, if you follow that link, can you believe she is 57 years old??? I want to look like that when I'm 57 ...

Low Carb Forum
BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
OMG! I can't believe she is 57 years old! She looks amazing! It seems weird though to go off on her own. After all, it was Jenny Craig that helped her loose the weight. So, it's not like she can say her experience helped her to come up with a great product.

Oh well... maybe it will be fantastic?

Deanna Joseph

Visit the New Age Site and Forums

What are your Soul Gifts? Discover your true nature and potential, and learn who you are on a Soul Level with a Soul Realignmentâ„¢ reading.

BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
That is definitely what struck me. It's not like she was a weight loss guru who happened to hook up with Jenny Craig. She was a completely clueless person who was specifically tutored, helped, nurtured and trained by Jenny Craig on how to eat well. And then she is going to use all this specific knowledge to then make her own version. It almost seems like copyright infringement to me. But then again I'm sure every diet is just a better tuned version of a previous diet - and after all every person loses weight in a different manner. So maybe her version will be just what a certain group of people need ...

Low Carb Forum
BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
You're right. And she just seems like such a fun, outgoing person, that her diet would have to be fun too!

Can you imagine sitting in a session with her LOL! Her clients would probably be cracking up the whole time! What a great way to move on the path of healthy weight loss.

Deanna Joseph

Visit the New Age Site and Forums

What are your Soul Gifts? Discover your true nature and potential, and learn who you are on a Soul Level with a Soul Realignmentâ„¢ reading.

BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Right, I bet she'll vastly appeal to a group of women who might never do Jenny Craig. If we had 500 different diet plans out there and each one appealed to a different type of person then that's fine, as long as each person finds something that works for them smile

They could be known as the Jenny Gang smile

I think the only thing that bothers me about this sort of thing is the money companies rake in doing it. I'm OK with someone buying a book - they need to learn the steps and get a grounding on how to eat healthily. I'm all for that. But when people get hooked on a prepared diet set of foods that they have to buy that are pricey, that just seems wrong to me. People are trying to get more healthy, and it's almost taking advantage of them.

But I suppose it's one of those fine line things ...

Low Carb Forum
J
Koala
Koala
J
I like Kirsti Alley too and I might do her diet plan if it included a personal coaching session with her-lol.

Maybe she can say she learned a lot through Jenny Craig but she thought of big improvements? If it seems like she was let go in favor of other personalities, maybe she'll get the sympathy sales.

I agree about the prepared food thing. It isn't really teaching anyone HOW to create a healthier diet for themselves. Altho my stepdaughter did Jenny Craig and she said one part of it was eating like a cup of steamed veggies at every meal, something she still does, so guess it taught her something.

It's so much more expensive too, but then I don't like packaged and processed food-to me it's all pretty tasteless when put up against homemade dishes.

BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
I *think* she chose to leave, but I'm not really sure. I'm sure lots of people like her either way smile

Now I say that I am not really in favor of prepared meals - but here I am drinking an EAS shake for breakfast and loving it. So in a way this IS a prepared meal. And I'm sure at whatever it is a container it is more expensive than if I mixed up soy protein and chocolate myself in a blender. As if I'd go do that every morning, hah! So rather than spend the time and make the mess, I buy these prepared versions. And I am quite happy with the price for that benefit.

So I *suppose* some people feel the same way about shipped in diet meal plans. They want to eat nutritious food but don't have the time or interest in cooking. They'd rather just pull something out and zap it. My dad lives alone and I can't imagine he'd make up full three part meals for himself every day. He might zap something in a microwave though. So maybe I can see the benefit there ...

Low Carb Forum
R
Gecko
Gecko
R
I just went back to J C today. Man - the food is still expensive. BUT - I went online and looked through the past month at my bank statement to see where my "food" money had been going - and how much had been going.

I will even be saving a bit going to J C.

Let's see what Kirstie has going for her. I'll stay tuned....

BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Well but remember that you're still going to eat other foods, yes? I guess it depends if you really can live 100% on the foods they send you or if you end up eating other things too. Let us know!!

Low Carb Forum
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Lisa LowCarb 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.