Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#399577 03/27/08 08:34 PM
msbaby Offline OP
Gecko
OP Offline
Gecko
The weather is lovely. It's a beautiful spring day and with daylight savings time coming a little early this month, we have more time to enjoy the warm temperatures. You would think everybody from the babies to grandparents would have happy smiles on their faces and be in a wonderful mood; you might think this to be true, but I'm finding it's not!

Everybody at my house seems to have a complaint! From the toddler fussing about what I tell her to wear to DH saying that his pants must have been dried with too much heat because they have shrunk (guess what buddy, the pants are shrinking, your tummy's expanding). This morning I thought my head would explode and if I didn't discipline myself to keep a cool head there probably could have been a real meltdown.

The irony in all this is that I recently heard on a news program that if you will discipline yourself not to complain for 21 days that your brain will re-program itself and you won't NEED to complain. So, is that what's happening?
Is that what I'm doing here? Complaining?

Have my kids programmed their brains to complain constantly? Is this normal? Do you believe that we can re-route the signals so we are happier, more satisfied humans?

Sponsored Post Advertisement
BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
Hi MSBaby,

I actually took a complaint free pledge back in November - and we had to go 21 consecutive days without complaining. Each time we complained, we had to move a little purple bracelet from one wrist to to the other.

It took me four months to go 21 consecutive days smile

This is the group that started it all smile Complaint Free

It was actually a very enlightening process: Complaint Free Living

I do believe that complaining becomes a habit --- a decadent pleasure wink But the opposite of complaining is practicing gratitude --- so I do. I keep a gratitude journal, and that's really helped.

And I notice that my family doesn't complain quite so much because they know I'm still wearing my bracelet and paying attention LOL!

Deanna Joseph

Visit the New Age Site and Forums

What are your Soul Gifts? Discover your true nature and potential, and learn who you are on a Soul Level with a Soul Realignmentâ„¢ reading.

J
J
Avoid complaining and you will gain more in your life.
And that's the truth.

Zebra
Zebra
The printed word is even more powerful than we thought. It has been shown in studies with those suffering from depression (who volunteered to participate in the studies) that if you arm yourself with just six positive words, phrases or quotations in the morning - whether you are the author, or you have taken the words of others - you can drastically and beneficially alter your overall mood and attitude for that day. Over time, the beneficial effects are transformative!

msbaby Offline OP
Gecko
OP Offline
Gecko
Excellent point, Alexandra. I suppose it's like creative imagery using words. I know that if I read uplifting text, I always feel more motivated and positive. Have you put this into practice? If so, could you share some of your positive phrasing or words that work for you?

Zebra
Zebra
Well, ok...
I actually thought about this long and hard, because an awful lot of the sayings, quotations and inspirational words I read nowadays, are associated with my own peronal path, o calling.
The last thing I want to do is to proselytise, or sound sickly-sweet(!) So I'm just going to give you one or two general ones that struck a chord with me...

I'm also not going to put the authors, because again, it would sound a bit 'preachy'....

I hope you just enjoy them for the truth they seem to impart and for the sense they make to me...

There is nothing clever about NOT being happy.

Whatever you put your energy into, will grow.

Do not take lightly small good deeds,
Believing they can hardly help,
For drops of water, one by one,
In time, can fill a giant pot.

Each individual is Master of his or her destiny:
It is up to each person to create the causes of Happiness.

The things that matter most in our lives are not the fantastic or grand;
They are the moments when we 'touch' one another.

It is the place of our feelings,
That binds us, or frees us.

What better place, than 'Here'?
What better time, than 'Now'?

What counts is not the enormity of the task, but the size of the courage.

Nothing goes right on the outside,
when nothing is going right on the inside....

Learning to live, is learning to let go....

Our hearts can grow stronger at the broken places.

Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
Find some daffodils to gaze upon. I do not believe anyone can be grumpy for long when seeing these heralds of promise blooming and smiling in the spring sunshine!

Walk in Peace and Harmony.
Phyllis Doyle Burns
Avatar: Fair Helena by Rackham, Public Domain
msbaby Offline OP
Gecko
OP Offline
Gecko
I tried a few this morning when I woke up and you know what? I highly recommend it! When my mind started to drift towards; I've got to do this and I don't want to do that....I replaced it with

What better place, than 'Here'?
What better time, than 'Now'?

Moderated by  Lisa - Moms, Traci - Moms 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.