#399552 03/27/08 07:51 PM
S
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
S
Latex is another one of those seemingly innocuous products in our homes and workplaces. Widespread use of the material (I suspect because it's cheap) has lead to a dramatic rise in the number of people experiencing allergic reactions to it. Health-care workers with hay fever have the highest risk of developing latex allergy because they are constantly exposed to it. Even non-health-care workers can develop latex allergy because it's in so many products. Non-latex products are now starting to replace latex ones because of the epidemic of latex allergy. Find out more about latex allergy and what products contain it by reading "Latex---friend or foe?" atBellaOnline ALERT: Raw URLs are not allowed in these forums for security reasons. Please use UBB code. If you don't know how to do UBB code just post here for help - we will help out!

Last edited by Sheree-Allergies; 03/27/08 07:53 PM.

Sheree Welshimer
Allergies and Colds
Allergies and Colds Forum
Sponsored Post Advertisement
B
Koala
Koala
B
I have not had a blood test but I do write down latex allergy on forms I fill out at Drs offices.

At this OB/GYN clinic I went to for many years they gave you the test items to bring downstairs to the lab and I could not carry the packaging and asked them to put in paper bag. My face and hands broke out one time so bad from holding the bag with the lab contents.

I suffer with severe eczema as well.

Bonnie Sayers - Autism Editor

AUTISM site
S
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
S
Thank you for sharing your experience. I don't have this particular type of allergy but I have a friend who does, and she could completely emphathize with you.

We were involved in a workplace stretching class where we were going to use latex exercise bands to do some shoulder and neck strengthening exercises. As soon as the latex bands were passed out, I could see by her face that something was wrong. She wouldn't even touch the band or the paper that the band had touched. I had no idea she had latex allergy before that. I felt so bad for her that she couldn't participate in the exercises. If only there had been a latex-free band available for her.

This just points out how widespread this allergy is and how important it is to ask the "Do you have latex allergy" question, even in an exercise class.

Sheree Welshimer
Allergies and Colds
Allergies and Colds Forum

Moderated by  Sheree-Allergies 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Review of Boost Your Online Brand: Make Creative A
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/25/24 07:04 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/25/24 09:21 AM
Mother's Day Gift Ideas to Sew
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/24/24 06:08 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:37 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:33 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:43 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.