Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
A
Chimpanzee
Chimpanzee
A
Absolutely. I was being non-partisan in my comment.

Sponsored Post Advertisement
J
Shark
Shark
J
I was considering writing about news coverage on the BBC and other British news organisations. When I lived in the States, there was the ITN news from Britain. Are they still showing that? What do you think of the BBC news in general? Can you access it and do you look at their website? Does it seem unbiased or not?

Joanna Czechowska
British Television Editor
A
Chimpanzee
Chimpanzee
A
Hi Joanna, I check out the BBC homepage every day and I like BBCA news and a couple of the other shows in the evening. I like the different news perspective. American news is so over the top with sound bytes and hysteria. British news gives you a more worldly view - what is happening around the world. I like Matt Frei.

C
Parakeet
Parakeet
C
Here's another fan of the BBC news. I check their website daily and listen to BBC World Service on the radio every night if I wake up between midnight and 5 AM which is when it is on my local station. I only wish that it was carried here at a more convenient time! Its a sort of reality check, although I notice that sometimes the Brits can get just as wrapped up in celebrity hysteria as we Yanks do.

A
Chimpanzee
Chimpanzee
A
Celebrity mania is rampant everywhere. I'm with you about the BBC page but I have not listened to the radio show.

J
Shark
Shark
J
Oh we definitely get caught up in the whole celebrity thing. The BBC should be more careful and objective but they are not always. I will be interested to see how they cover the G20 meeting in London tomorrow. Obama is greatly loved here (and a big celebrity) so it will be interesting. In general, the BBC is trusted to tell the truth I think.

Joanna Czechowska
A
Chimpanzee
Chimpanzee
A
What did you think of the events in London today? Breaking windows, rioting, not good.

J
Shark
Shark
J
It was directed against banks, it wasn't genereal rioting - most people were not too concerned as we have a history of a certain amount of civil disobedience. People were more focused on the G20 outcome. Michelle Obama was a big hit...

Joanna Czechowska
A
Chimpanzee
Chimpanzee
A
Originally Posted By: Joanna-British Television
Michelle Obama was a big hit...

Why?

J
Shark
Shark
J
Good question. There was some focus on what she was wearing but I think the main thing is back to the celebrity question- she is someone new, different so a matter of interest. She seems measured and tolerant which goes down well in a country that hates extremism and fanaticism. She appears to have no chip on her shoulder and she got to where she is by her own efforts and not any advantages of family. She spoke at an inner city girls' school in London (the only speech she gave) and it was well received as it seemed so genuine. She is also extremely tall - which everyone commented on. Her warmth towards the Queen was taken well - the last person to touch her like that was the Australian Prime MInister 10 years ago and he got a frosty look and was dubbed the 'lizard of oz' by the press. All in all, she (and he ) conducted themselves very well. Look out for my article on the British Television page tomorrow.

Joanna Czechowska
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Vance - Crime Editor 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 05/09/24 08:32 AM
Sewing Sheer Fabrics
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 05/08/24 01:27 PM
Moisturizing Winter Skin the Right Way
by gigi333 - 05/03/24 01:58 AM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 05/01/24 04:43 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 05/01/24 01:09 PM
Springtime Sewing Projects
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 05/01/24 10:57 AM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/28/24 05:54 PM
Review of Boost Your Online Brand: Make Creative A
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/25/24 07:04 PM
Mother's Day Gift Ideas to Sew
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/24/24 06:08 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.