Next Thread
Print Thread
#398939 03/26/08 10:31 PM
BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
Deena, that's so cool that you are a Dean Koontz fan, but of course you are LOL! He's so into the paranormal.

I loved him so much back in the 90s and read everything I could get my hands on. I haven't been doing so much "reading for fun" over the last few years, but last year I did treat myself to the Odd Thomas trilogy, and a couple others of his. I do have "The Husband" and "Corner of His Eye" sitting on my bookshelf right now waiting for me to read grin I was so tempted to pick one up and start reading it today LOL - but I have a gig to prepare for, and had to prepare for that! I'm thinking Sunday afternoon is my day to start reading Koontz again!

Deanna Joseph

Visit the New Age Site and Forums

What are your Soul Gifts? Discover your true nature and potential, and learn who you are on a Soul Level with a Soul Realignmentâ„¢ reading.

Sponsored Post Advertisement
BellaOnline Editor
Chimpanzee
BellaOnline Editor
Chimpanzee
"Corner of His Eye" is one of his best books. It is so inspiring!

I LOVE Dean Koontz. Other than a few things that he published under his pseudonyms, I have everything he has ever written - including "Santa's Twin" and "Robot Santa".

I discovered him when I ran out of Stephen King books - and Koontz was right next to him on the shelf. I bought "Strangers" because it was the longest book there, LOL! It is still one of my favorites. He quickly replaced King as my favorite, and that's not knocking King!

Books that I read over and over again:
Strangers
Lightning
Watchers
TickTock (his earlier novels were really easy to remember the titles!)
From the Corner of His Eye
One Door Away From Heaven

I especially love how he writes kids, he never dumbs them down. For a long time I actually wondered if Koontz was a woman, because he just writes the way I think.

Michelle Taylor
Marriage Editor
BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
Hi Michelle,

Lightening was one of my favorites. I read that back in 1989 I think. Watchers was another fave - along with One Door Away from Heaven.

I read a great one last summer, but I can't remember the name. It was about this woman who started having psychotic episodes. It was very interesting.

Stephen King used to be my favorite too. But the thing is, most of his books had such despairing endings. All the good guys would die, blah blah blah. I know there were a few that had happy endings, but for the most part I was left feeling ACK!

I like Koontz's happy endings. And I know some who have made fun of that - but ya know what! I NEED to read happy things! Life is crazy enough, I don't need to read crazy too! HA HA!

Deanna Joseph

Visit the New Age Site and Forums

What are your Soul Gifts? Discover your true nature and potential, and learn who you are on a Soul Level with a Soul Realignmentâ„¢ reading.

I'm another big Koontz fan, though I admit I haven't read many of his books lately. I remember Strangers and Watchers and really loved them.

Cheril Vernon
Specialty Channels
BellaOnline Editor
Amoeba
BellaOnline Editor
Amoeba
I am so happy to know there are so many Koontz fans out there! I loved From the Corner of His Eye so much, and felt inspired by it as well Michelle! One Door Away From Heaven was also just fantastic! I guess there isn't a book of his that I've read that I haven't liked. I believe I have read about all of them written under the Koontz name. Thanks for your support!

Deena Budd
Paranormal

Moderated by  Deena - Paranormal Editor 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.