logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Koala
Koala
hahaha I dont know but I want to go visit and see if it helps my cramps! I am in Texas.

I think the the abs and back would help but cramps are more in the uterus and ovories so.... I dont know how much it would help.

Sponsored Post Advertisement
BellaOnline Editor
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
I think I'm pretty lucky - I normally don't have cramps. But I would think that yoga would help because a lot of it is about relaxing and gentle stretching.

Lisa Shea, Low Carb and Video Games Editor
Low Carb Forum
E
Koala
Koala
E
And also the deep breathing which helps to get oxygen to all the muscles. Cramping is sometimes an indication of lack of oxygen - the muscle cramps to try and get some blood pushing through it to bring it more oxygen because it is being overworked. So yoga might well help relive menstrual cramping too.

Elle Carter Neal
BellaOnline Alumna
BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
I just looked up menstrual cramps and apparently they're caused by certain hormones which then cause muscle contractions just like with labor - so the cramps are the muscles having oxygen problems. The websites say that muscle - relaxing activities therefore help - hot baths, heating pads, and exercise and stretching. So if they're saying to exercise and stretch, yoga sounds like the perfect solution smile

Low Carb Forum
BellaOnline Editor
BellaOnline Editor
Thanks everyone, good info!

In one of my yoga books it says that certain positions help with the pain of ovulating, PMS, cramps and even menopausal symptoms.

With the cycle imminent for me, I will give it a try - using yoga instead of Ibuprofen. Wish me luck! smile

Last edited by Jilly; 04/01/08 02:38 PM.
BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Let us know how it works - I bet it will at least help out a bit!

Low Carb Forum
Koala
Koala
I have been using bellydanceing. it streaches and strenghtens those muslces.... it also gets the blood flowing into that area. that has helped. of course the last period I had lasted two months and before that It has been 10yrs since I have had a normal one so... I just started and so far no cramps. the dr put me on meds for polycysicfibroid....something.... last month I was out two week with cramps and no period so this month i still have some cramps but not bad like last month!

BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Bellydancing is a great idea, freespirit! We have a whole site on that topic too smile

Low Carb Forum
Koala
Koala
yep that is were I got the idea. A few years ago I got to reading a post about a girl who was big that bellydanced so I go a type and have played around with it off and on for a few years now. there was another post on another site that someone posted about belly dancing massages your insides from the inside out and it draws the blood into that area so it relieves cramps. after last month having cramps so bad that i prayed to die I thought well if I do belly danceing then next month I may not have then so bad and I may have a real period! and it kind of worked! maybe if i keep it up nextmonth will be better!

BellaOnline Editor
BellaOnline Editor
Good for you Freespirit! it sounds like you have found something that really works. I would hate having a two month period. That sounds really draining. It sounds like bellydancing is a big success for you. smile

Last edited by Jilly; 04/02/08 01:45 PM.
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/17/24 03:33 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/16/24 09:30 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/16/24 07:04 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:23 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:03 PM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.