Money
News & Politics
Relationships
Religion & Spirituality
Sports
Travel & Culture
TV & Movies
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Newest Members
marger, simplicityshines, Jessyyoga, Arash, Ziv Halevy
57406 Registered Users
Forum Stats
57406 Members
417 Forums
113459 Topics
805553 Posts

Max Online: 537 @ 07/02/12 07:21 AM
Top Posters (30 Days)
"Rosie" 511
Beetlemess 233
Connie - ADD/Sandwiches 147
Jana - Creativity Editor 133
Lisa LowCarb / VideoGames 79
Nancy Roussy 76
Susan - Meditation Editor 46
Sandra Investing/HFinance 44
Mona - Astronomy 40
Dianne W - Editor 22
Ad Income Supports Charity
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#398310 - 03/25/08 05:29 PM Scented Plants
English_Garden Offline
Amoeba

Loc: UK
English Gardens are well known for their abundance of sweet smelling plants.
Honeysuckle and Lily of the Valley are two of my favourites.

What is your favourite scented plant?

Hellie

Edited by English_Garden (03/25/08 05:30 PM)

Add Scented Plants to Twitter Add Scented Plants to Facebook Add Scented Plants to MySpace Add Scented Plants to Del.icio.us Digg Scented Plants Add Scented Plants to Yahoo My Web Add Scented Plants to Google Bookmarks Add Scented Plants to Stumbleupon Add Scented Plants to Reddit
#398335 - 03/25/08 06:41 PM Re: Scented Plants [Re: English_Garden]
chloe21 Offline
Zebra

Loc: East Coast
I love the scent of Lilacs. I only wish that their blooming season was a little longer.

Edited by chloe21 (03/25/08 06:51 PM)

FavoriteTraditions.com
Life's Special Moments

Add Re: Scented Plants to Twitter Add Re: Scented Plants to Facebook Add Re: Scented Plants to MySpace Add Re: Scented Plants to Del.icio.us Digg Re: Scented Plants Add Re: Scented Plants to Yahoo My Web Add Re: Scented Plants to Google Bookmarks Add Re: Scented Plants to Stumbleupon Add Re: Scented Plants to Reddit
#402817 - 04/04/08 08:00 PM Re: Scented Plants [Re: English_Garden]
Allison_PCAdvice Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko

Loc: Boston, MA
Love lilacs! Also, love the smell of roses fresh from the garden - much stronger scent that store bought/

Add Re: Scented Plants to Twitter Add Re: Scented Plants to Facebook Add Re: Scented Plants to MySpace Add Re: Scented Plants to Del.icio.us Digg Re: Scented Plants Add Re: Scented Plants to Yahoo My Web Add Re: Scented Plants to Google Bookmarks Add Re: Scented Plants to Stumbleupon Add Re: Scented Plants to Reddit
#402820 - 04/04/08 08:18 PM Re: Scented Plants [Re: Allison_PCAdvice]
Claybird Offline
Parakeet

Loc: Indiana
In my garden Lilacs and Lilies of the Valley are right up there with Madonna (Easter) lilies, Casa Blanca lilies and Mockorange bush (which smells like real orange blossoms and is as near to that heavenly scent as we northern gardeners can get.) Blue Hyacinths are just now putting their noses up, in a few weeks their heavy sweet scent will begin drifting across the garden.

Once a visitor to my back yard said that it looked like a real English garden, but I knew the truth...it is far too untidy to be put into that exalted category.
But it DOES have a lot of flowering plants!

#404178 - 04/08/08 05:55 AM Re: Scented Plants [Re: Claybird]
English_Garden Offline
Amoeba

Loc: UK
Lilacs are gorgeous
Lilies can be a bit overpowering for some people but wow what alot of scent they have.
Violets have a very delicate scent and pinks are another wondeful scented family.
There are scented plants for every month of the year - what is your favourite scented plant??

Hellie
English Garden

#404251 - 04/08/08 10:25 AM Re: Scented Plants [Re: English_Garden]
Eng Culture Nicola Jane Offline
Parakeet

Loc: Kent UK
mignonette and night stock, smelling them I know what heaven smells like.

Love is wisdom.

#405960 - 04/12/08 08:29 AM Re: Scented Plants [Re: Eng Culture Nicola Jane]
Helen Doll Making Editor Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet

Loc: Missouri, USA
Jasmine and lavender, but also blue hyacinth and lilac and roses and......

I don't think I have just one favorite. I specified blue hyacinth above because my Mother always said that the blue ones were stronger scented than the white or pink. I don't know if it's true or not but it's something I've just always accepted that Mom knew.

#443660 - 08/13/08 11:06 AM Re: Scented Plants [Re: Helen Doll Making Editor]
fusion376 Offline

I like the secant of Liliacs, Jasmine and Rose.

#446950 - 08/25/08 08:41 AM Re: Scented Plants [Re: fusion376]
Finny Offline

I really like the scent of phlox. I have some white ones blooming now and wish I had more so the scent would be stronger.

#535944 - 07/11/09 08:57 AM Re: Scented Plants [Re: Finny]
gardenplanters Offline

Welcome to Gardenplanters. I only wish that their blooming season was a little longer. I don't think I have just one favorite. I specified blue hyacinth above because my Mother always said that the blue ones were stronger scented than the white or pink.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Carol - English Garden 

Want to reply? Register as a Forum Member - it's quick, free and fun!
Brand New Posts
What did you SPEND money on today?
by Nancy Roussy
Frugal Living
Fall Fun Word Game
by Sandra Investing/HFinance
Investing
10:46 AM
Thanksgiving Money Reflections
Investing
10:45 AM
Alternative Shopping on Black Friday
Home Finance
10:44 AM
Thanksgiving - What would you eat in space?
by Mona - Astronomy
Astronomy
09:25 AM
Blue And The Throat Chakra
by Teresa - Holistic Health
Holistic Health
08:51 AM
North Carolina Wines
by Peter - Wine
Wine
08:48 AM
A feast Jesus would love
by Lynne - ChristianLiving
Christian Living
08:22 AM
Daily World Peace Group Meditation
by Susan - Meditation Editor
Meditation
07:51 AM
Where are you and how is the weather?
by Susan - Meditation Editor
Inspiration
07:48 AM
Register to Post!
Want to post? For security reasons you need to Register as a Forum Member. It's quick, easy and free!
Forum Activities
Book Clubs
Trivia Contests
Who's Online
2 registered (Ruthe AfricanAmericanEd, Nancy Roussy), 129 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Ad Income Supports Charity

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2014 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.