logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#395889 03/20/08 12:24 PM
B
OP Offline
B
I can�t even begin to tell you how it saddens me so, to hear these words! Transitioning from the corporate world to the work at home world was by far an easy task. My husband and I never talked about me staying home to raise the children...it just happened.

I cannot believe the ridicule I have received from not only the outside world but my family, because I do not have a �real job�. The other day I spoke to my aunt on the phone and she says to me �What do you do all day, just sit around?� My heart broke!

First of all, if you have a toddler in the house, sitting is not in your vocabulary! Second, just because I am not working the "typical 9-5" that you see fit, does not mean that I am not contributing more than enough to my household. If you feel that what I do is improper, you can tell that to my children who love having more time with mommy, my checkbook that no longer dictates my life, my debt that is being paid and the millions of other woman around the world who have had enough of just existing and are ready to truly live a life of their dreams!

Last but not least, since becoming a stay at home mom I have acquired more skill than that of any executive position!
What other position in the corporate world do you need to be an expert on time management, multi-tasking, negotiating, problem solving, public relations, pharmacy, security, training, financial counseling, and strong moral values just to name a few on the top of my head?

The day you can name a career that requires more dedication, more focus, more leadership, more of yourself, is the day that you can call me �Just a Stay at Home Mom!�

Forever and Always,

Brandi

Brandi Magill is an aspiring writer, wife, and mother of two. She enjoys educating and empowering women to live a healthy lifestyle! To connect with Brandi visitBellaOnline ALERT: Raw URLs are not allowed in these forums for security reasons. Please use UBB code. If you don't know how to do UBB code just post here for help - we will help out!
Sponsored Post Advertisement
P
P
Brandi

I totally agree with you. I think some man must have penned the term "just a stay at home mom" and I am sure he did it while he was out buying Bon Bons for his wife to eat during her soaps. lol!

I have to share a story about when I was a stay at home mom. We had my inlaws over for dinner once, and my mother in law went into one of the cabinets to get something. Of course the cabinet wasn't perfectly clean, and when she moved one thing, something else fell. She looked at me and said "What exactly do you do all day while my son is out working?" I looked at her and said "you are kidding right? I have 3 kids under the age of 4 do I look like I have time to clean cabinets?" She really didn't understand because the whole time her kids were growing up her mother in law lived with them, so she had plenty of help. I would rather have messy cabinets than have that kind of help.

Just thought I'd share. I work full time now, and would give anything to go back in time and be home with my kids again!!! Enjoy your time at home - it goes really fast!

B
OP Offline
B
Thanks for sharing, are our in-laws related? Lol!

"The only opinion about your dreams that really counts is yours! The negative comments of others merely reflect their limitatins~not yours." ~Cynthia Kersey

I hope that one day you too will be able to live your dream Payton!

Brandi Magill is an aspiring writer, wife, and mother of two. She enjoys educating and empowering women to live a healthy lifestyle! To connect with Brandi visitBellaOnline ALERT: Raw URLs are not allowed in these forums for security reasons. Please use UBB code. If you don't know how to do UBB code just post here for help - we will help out!
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
Brandi, being a MOM is a full time job. you don't work 9-5 you work around the clock. your job consist of many skills, doctor,teacher, and every thing else, to many to list. I was a stay at home mom of 4 children. i was very fortunate to be there for my children. grant you there are millions of mothers who have to work, for financial or other reasons. and i have so much respect for them. but for the mothers out there that are able to stay at home and raise their children give yourself a pat on the back. its one of the hardest jobs out there. good luck to all!

Rosie L
J
Gecko
Gecko
J
I only wish I could be a "stay at home mom" but since I got divorced it isn't an option. I think it's the most wonderful job you can do is to be home with your kids!

My sister is kind of like that, looking down on stay at home moms. She wants to work! My parents, however, were very cool about it when I stayed home with the kids when I was married. My mom never worked and she feels it's more important than ever these days for the mom to be there.

P
P
Originally Posted By: BrandiMagill
Thanks for sharing, are our in-laws related? Lol!

"The only opinion about your dreams that really counts is yours! The negative comments of others merely reflect their limitatins~not yours." ~Cynthia Kersey

I hope that one day you too will be able to live your dream Payton!

Thank you Brandi! Same to you!

BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
Anyone who has had children or even been a babysitter for young children or toddlers could never use the phrase "just a stay at home mom."

Besides the importance of shaping new lives,... its hard work!

C
Parakeet
Parakeet
C
It saddens me that stay-at-home moms are STILL looked on as slackers. When I was raising 5 children (born within 6 years) it would infuriate me when people would say to me "Do you work?". Hah! I rarely got a chance to sit down!
One moment of vindication came when the kids were pretty well grown up and I was talking with a friend I had always envied. She, like me, was trained as a scientist but she managed to work in a University lab the whole time her 2 girls were growing up. She said that she envied me, because I had been able to raise my children with my values and using my skills. She realized too late that she had left her girls to be raised by uneducated women with different values than hers, and she wished that she could undo it.
I guess that grass is always greener, but it made me feel a lot better about my choice. And anyway, they DO grow up and leave home and then Mom to do whatever she wants.
When you come down to it, the most important thing any parents do is to raise good kids who will benefit society. When we are gone would we rather be remembered for how good we were at the jobsite, or be remembered with love and gratitude by our children?

Moderated by  Lynne - ChristianLiving 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:37 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:33 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:45 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:43 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.