logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Chipmunk
Chipmunk
I have been really enjoying this time of year because I can wake up, gently, at 5:30 as dawn begins to wake the world up and I can relax and watch the shadows in my room become brighter until daylight is finally showering my entire room.

I don't know what it is about this time of year and the way the sum shines in that makes the color on the walls seem brighter, but I LOVE it. I have an hour to enjoy it before the alarm clock goes off. But starting tomorrow, my enjoyment will be rushed because it will be just beginning when it is time to get up.

Changing the time on the clocks shifts our natural alarm clock and seems to throw many things off track.

Trish

Sponsored Post Advertisement
C
Parakeet
Parakeet
C
Not to mention how it feels when your state government decides to put you into the eastern time zone when geographically you are well into the central zone, so that noon is always at least an hour off center. I agree with you that it is so nice to have the sun rise at wake-up time, but the Powers That Be said it is better to have the light stay until late at night so that people will go out and buy more. In New York, and if that makes sense to you then come to Indiana!

Chipmunk
Chipmunk
Yeah, Indiana is weird when it comes to NOT joining the rest of the country. I worked for a company whose headquarters were in Indianaa and I was always calling them at the wrong times. Half the year I was in tune to the clock, but half a year I wasn't. It was always irritating to never remember which half was right!

Trish

C
Parakeet
Parakeet
C
It comes from being located on a time line border; no matter what we do we are out of synch with some of our neighbors. Or ourselves...currently the western corners of the state are on Central time while the rest is on Eastern. None of us are happy!

Chipmunk
Chipmunk
Now that it is spring, the daylight stays longer each day and it should make us all happy. laugh

Trish

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Mona - Astronomy 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/29/24 10:15 AM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 03/28/24 03:28 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/28/24 03:26 PM
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.