logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Elephant
Elephant
I didn't get my child support until I graduated high school (age 18.5) and didn't see a dime of it unfortunately. I was owed like over 80K but they settled with him for like 30K and that went all to the state since I received a small ($104) stipend a month and medical card from the time I was 12 until I graduated high school.

I agree... paying some people is a way to get things done but the people like me who lost 150 pounds because it was the right thing to do don't get anythign ;0)

J. Ruel - Gay Lesbian News Editor

Check out the latest article on the Gay Lesbian SITE or Join us in the FORUM

Questions? Comments? Story Ideas? SUBMIT THEM HERE

Former Editor of the HIV/AIDS, HAIR, HISPANIC CULTURE, and GAY LESBIAN RELATIONSHIPS sites here on BellaOnline!
Sponsored Post Advertisement
BellaOnline Editor
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
BellaOnline Editor
I definitely think if for example they built a gorgeous walking path with benches and flowers that would be something that both healthy people *and* people who needed to lose weight would benefit from ...

Lisa Shea, Low Carb and Video Games Editor
Low Carb Forum
BellaOnline Editor
BellaOnline Editor
yes, i agree. but i just don't see that happening. Governments don't think that way. they figure they have a parks/path/beautification fund which is not to be crossed with the health/obesity/education fund. You know and I know that's a good idea, but i still don't see them thinking in terms of long term incentives like that or even connecting the two.

But we can still dream about it...so, yeah, cobblestone paths lined with flowering trees and spring bulbs, recycled content benches and sheltered pavilions, water features and natural landscaping that attracts birds and butterflies. I'd use it. smile

Last edited by Jilly; 03/17/08 10:03 PM.
L
Amoeba
Amoeba
L

I personally love the idea of being paid to lose weight as I feel that this is a career move I could definitely succeed in.

All kidding aside, I think that the government ought to mandate a law stating that all new television must be powered by either a treadmill or bicycle. This would surely be a win-win situation when you consider how much TV is watched by the average American. Actual reading would make a HUGE comeback - also a good thing.

As well, when commercials come on, we'd have the relief of not having to sit through them and also enjoy a bit of a rest and perhaps a sip of water or two.

Who's with me?

grin

Lisbeth Cheever

BellaOnline Editor
BellaOnline Editor
Oh now there is a brilliant idea!! I like that one a lot smile Plus it would save in electricity costs!

Lisa Shea, Low Carb and Video Games Editor
Low Carb Forum
BellaOnline Editor
BellaOnline Editor
i love this idea! Actually, our treadmill may as well be powering our TV, since one of us is usually working out while we watch. smile

Shark
Shark
I agree with those of you who think we should not be paying people to lose weight or any other thing that a person could do if they wanted to but don't. It doesn't seem that obese people are hurting other people by being obese; they are hurting themselves. As long as they have the facilities, food choices, counseling and education that make weight loss possible, that should be sufficient. If we start in this direction, who knows where it would lead and whose idea of how we should live we would be paying people for? It's scary!

Shark
Shark
There has been an issue in our county about vending machines in public schools. The products have been replaced with only nutritional products. Some people are unhappy about this because they feel students should have the right to make choices about what they eat. Not everyone needs to diet and some would like an occasional treat now and then. So where do you draw the line? I'd like to see healthful choices in vending machines but not to the exclusion of all other choices.

BellaOnline Editor
BellaOnline Editor
I would let kids buy junk at the stores and bring them along if they want that. But at school i would like to think that only healthy choices are offered. That said, there are tons of healthy snacks that are also sweet and yummy. it doesn't all have to be oranges, applesauce, granola bars and yogurt.

Parakeet
Parakeet
One problem with "healthy choices" is that no one really agrees on what is healthy. I believe low fat and fat free things are many times very unhealthy. I think anything with sugar is a killer, anything with high fructose corn syrup, and anything with fake artificial ingredients are a killer. But everyone doesn't agree. So, who should decide? The person, the individual.

To the question though: NO I don't think anyone should be paid by the government to lose weight. However I do support government supported insurance programs that cover medically needed weight loss assistance.

Last edited by Stephanie-Divorce; 03/18/08 07:13 PM.

Stephanie Watson
Weight Loss Editor

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Lisa LowCarb 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 05/03/24 09:25 AM
Moisturizing Winter Skin the Right Way
by gigi333 - 05/03/24 01:58 AM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 05/01/24 04:43 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 05/01/24 01:09 PM
Springtime Sewing Projects
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 05/01/24 10:57 AM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/28/24 05:54 PM
Review of Boost Your Online Brand: Make Creative A
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/25/24 07:04 PM
Mother's Day Gift Ideas to Sew
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/24/24 06:08 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.